PDA

View Full Version : 16f785

RussMartin
- 10th November 2008, 22:56
Does anyone have comments or experiences to share about using the op amps in the 16F785?

I have an application in mind, and using the 785 would eliminate a lot of glue.

mister_e
- 11th November 2008, 04:12
I had, worked great for me on some kind of feedback control and few audio gizmo. Having their output directly connected to ADCs input (and comparator) is somehow useful, this also give you an external test point.

The two phase PWM was also a nice feature for me.

No bad comments on them from me.

RussMartin
- 11th November 2008, 06:16
What I'd like to do is cascade the op amps, then use the two comparators as a window detector.

mister_e
- 11th November 2008, 16:24
Just look how they're internal connected, I don't think it will be 100% doable, but probably close enough. Sure comparator interrupts are handy, while sometime a couple of ADC reading would do... it really depends of the final application and timing i guess.

RussMartin
- 11th November 2008, 18:20
Sure comparator interrupts are handy, while sometime a couple of ADC reading would do...

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked again at what I actually need, and I may have been over-thinking the analog side of the application. Now, I think maybe I should just send the output of the cascaded op amps to an ADC pin and set the limits of the "window" digitally.