PIC Beginner - Infrared Receiver and IR Protocol

Threaded View

Default PIC Beginner - Infrared Receiver and IR Protocol

I'm a beginner for PIC Basic Program. I want to control my PC Program with IR Remote Control. In my place, we can get various IR remote control but a few type of PIC : 16F84A, 16F628A, 16F648A, 16F877A and 18F4550 can available.

I use 16F84A and 4MHz Crystal, RS232 for IR Remote Control.

My first program is IR Remote Receiver with Sony IR Protocol. I choose a DVD Remote Control (Made in China). I tested my receiver to my PC via COM port. It did not work. So I choose universal remote control and assign SONY. Now It's ok.

Secondly, I write my program with RC-5 Protocol. This code is posted by Bruce (http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/arch...php/t-308.html) It's also ok for universal remote that assigned for Philips. But it don't work for that DVD Remote Control.

Then I tested simply that DVD Remote Control's IR signal with LED. LED is worked between 900ms and 920 ms. It may be Header of IR train. I searched data of all protocols (http://www.sbprojects.com/knowledge/ir/ir.htm). I thought that DVD remote use NEC protocol. I also found that most of China DVD player's remote control use NEC IR protocol in a manual of DVD Player.

I learn NEC IR Protocol. It's type is different for Sony Protocol. Sony use Pulse Width Modulation [PWM]. But NEC use Pulse Distance Modulation [PDM]. I think that PulsIn is use to measure the pulse width. Is it right? So what is use to measure the distance between pulse. Is it [PulsIn + PAUSEUS]?

For NEC Protocol, I refer dhouston's post (http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/show...7859#post77859). My receiver's LED is ok for that DVD remote any key press but in my PC program all signal is Zero.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If this receiver is ok, I want to do Universal Infrared Receiver (UIR) with USB (with ref: eg. A universal algorithm for implementing an infrared decoder: www.edn.com/article/CA6653644.html.

Regard

Moe
    Last edited by komoe01; - 29th August 2009 at 21:04.