PDA

View Full Version : MMC and PIC

kasapo
- 4th May 2005, 02:07
while interfacing a mmc card and PIC 16f877, do i have to use RC3 RC4 and RC5 pins of PIC for DATAIN, DATAOUT and CLOCK inputs of MMC card ?

can i use pins of PORTE ?

Ron Marcus
- 15th May 2005, 23:55
If you are going to use PBP, you can use any port pin as long as it does not interfere with the operation of other peripherals you need, or you try to make an input only pin an output. If you are going to use the internal hardware MSSP port, you must use the pins described specifically for that operation. I have used both, and the hardware port will give you much greater speed, but less flexibility. Writing 500 plus bytes per shot can create a bottleneck in information flow. If you are acquiring data at a slow rate, I suggest shiftin and shiftout. If you feel a need for speed...Go hardware.

Ron

Yuantu Huang
- 16th May 2005, 07:05
Hi Ron & kasapo,

I am interested in MMC card too. Could you please present a piece of code how PIC reads and writes from/to MMC card? I am using EEPROM which seems not good enough (two small). My project needs to store more than 10MBytes log information using PIC.

Thank you.

kasapo
- 16th May 2005, 09:51
hi Yuantu,

if 10 mB is enough for you check sa25f160 serial flash from saifun semiconductor. it is 16 mB.

and i found 2 website about mmc and pic basic codes

http://www.compsys1.com/workbench/

http://www.captain.at/electronics/pic-mmc/

ron thanks for information.

Ron Marcus
- 16th May 2005, 15:21
I have used Compsys1 for the software. It is reasonable, and it formats the card as a fat 16 readable "disk" for the average computer. This means you don't have to feed the info into a serial port, just plug the mem card into the card reader port and open it like any other folder.It saves a lot of time, and if this will be a consumer product, makes it more convenient for them.

Ron

Yuantu Huang
- 18th May 2005, 07:19
Hi Ron & kasapo,

Thank you very much.

I will visit the web site you provided. Our products may have 5000-10000 units per year. So I need to take some time to make a decision whether we use sa25f160 or Compsys1.

Best regards,

Yuantu Huang
- 18th May 2005, 08:08
Hi kasapo,

Quick question. I am using 5V power supply for PIC, but sa25f160 uses maximum 3.6V. Is it possible to communicate each other?

Thank you.

iw2fvo
- 12th January 2009, 20:24
Hi Ron & kasapo,

I am interested in MMC card too. Could you please present a piece of code how PIC reads and writes from/to MMC card? I am using EEPROM which seems not good enough (two small). My project needs to store more than 10MBytes log information using PIC.

Thank you.

Good day,
I am intereste in a program capable of writing_reading data on mmc card using picbasic: any help ? any sample code ?
Thanks
Ambrogio

SOMRU
- 3rd March 2009, 21:06
I have a good idea from mmc to pic but my cohorts still want to go from pic to usb...

We are using 16f devices, I wanted to go I2C to mmc... OK and

THEY now want to go USB....

From everything I have read 18f is the way to go for usb,

I don't want to change the entire system just to record data...

would love to here other ideas....

Thanks