running of page warning and error 16f877

Closed Thread

Red face running of page warning and error 16f877

me stumpted!!!
    I have a simple code in my PIC16F877, I have used only 3,117 words out of 8k and I am still getting this error "Code Crosses Boundary @800h". I am not using ANY branch statements or branchl statements. When I go above 3300 words I run out of memory. Reading deep in the PBP manual I am getting that I will recieve a warning after I reach 2k for the first page BUT I should still be able to hit around 8k words before I run out of room for my program.
    Any ideas????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????
    Please help, desperate and runnning out of time before my Halloween light controller is due for my kids and the neighborhood kids to see
    Padawan-78

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Paul Borgmeier
    Salt Lake City, UT
    USA

Make sure you are compiling with the corresponding PIC model (tarjet processor listbox) such in Microcode Studio and/or ICProg/Winpic800 or whatever program you use to burn your PIC,

I've seen many histories that begin with this common and trivial chapter...

example: your PIC is 16F877a, but your configuration says 16F84 (or other small memory pic)
    solution: change tarjet processor to 16F877a

Hope it helped.

Question thanks, still have same problem

I am still running out of memory at around 3.6k.
    I have the correct pic selected (using code designer lite v 1.7 with pbp), no branch statements used , just "out of memory" errors.
    Padawan-78

Smile

Hi Earl,

I've had those messages on occasion and rebooting my computer has always cleared them up. This has happened to me using the 16F877a, 18F452, as well as some smaller 16F chips.

HTH,

BobK

Default thanks

thanks, I will try this and see if it gets rid of my "out of memory" errors
    Padawan-78

Smile

Hi Earl,

I don't use the program (code designer lite) but is it possible the program has a memory limit? For example, some demo programs have a 2K limit to the program.

Page warning message "Code Crosses Boundary @800h" is simply a warning and comes up every 2K of program memory usage. It won't stop you from writing more code and it won't keep your program from running.

The "Out of Memory" could be coming from either your computer itself OR the program code designer lite if it does indeed have a memory limit.

HTH,

BobK

Out of memory errors is normally due to using PBP.EXE VS PBPW.EXE. Look in your PBP install
    directory at the README.TXT file. This explains what's happening & how to correct it.

Make sure your editor is using PBPW.EXE and not PBP.EXE. You might want to switch from
    code designer lite to MCS free edition. It blows the socks off cd lite...;o}
    Regards,

-Bruce
    tech at rentron.com
    http://www.rentron.com

Sounds like a lack of virtual memory page fault error in windows, make sure virtual memory is enabled or add tons of extra memory to your computer.
    JS
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Sounds like a lack of virtual memory page fault error in windows, make sure virtual memory is enabled or add tons of extra memory to your computer.
    JS
    Hi Joe, the problem is not Windows memory, it is PIC memory.

Talking Success!!!

OK,
    So I switched to Micro Code Studios editor, compiled, and no more problems!
    Perhaps CDlite has an error with larger codes while running PBP.exe as everyone has said.
    All I know is that I have gone back to older codes I have written years ago and added to them and MCS is DEFINATELY the way to go with programming. Much easier to find my was through my own codes and no more out of memory problems. I still have the warnings about "cross bounds" and all that but no limitation on my coding. Thanks everyone for the help!!!
    Padawan-78

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.