USB CDC Communications for Dummies!

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

There we go. That one must be #3

What to do if i get "overwriting previous address content" error message? (mister_e)
    http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/show...75&postcount=5
    DT

Awesome!! That was number 3! Still with the OSC define statement, but will put that in for completeness sake! All works. Will post a detailed 'my experience' in a few.

Default On An 18F2550

Okay.... I got this puppy working with a bit of help from Darrel through the posts that lead up to this.

Attached is the MPLAB project file and supporting files. The biggest stickler has been getting the configurations correct for the oscillator selection. So the rule going forward for my projects is to comment out the configuration statements in the PBP devicexxxxx.inc files and declare them in the program.

Enjoy! Will be looking at this often as now I am moving onto inputs and other device profiles.... hopefully!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I know to look out for all of the above and im very careful with setting configs on any 18 series device as there is a lot to them, however none of the above is my problem.

I cannot even get a confirmed working hex file to work without the dredded "Unknown Device" error, with EXACT hardware even.

Ive tried many different cables, ports, PC's etc. to no avail.

I always use .47uF caps on VUSB, as I have a hundreds of them.

Im about done with trying to get USB working and just continue on with the FTDI solution.

Are you getting it to recognize the device when you initially plug into your computer?

This is the most straightforward and easiest to run so far. It is based on SquibbCake's code in the first posting.

Arnie >> What was your code supposed to do? When I thought I got it working (which it does for the most part), it was blowing a bunch of "B" and special characters across the screen. But upon closer review of your code, it looks like it is looking for user input, then sending data out on USART TX pins. Can you tell us how it is supposed to function and include a link to a similar schematic?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have gone throught the microchip document fairly thoroughly but have a few questions about some of the PicBasic Pro commands. In the USBIN and USBOUT functions, the first argument is endpoint. What is this referring to? How is that number determined?

The code is a test program and actually works with a VB6 interface and yes it is looking for commands.The usart output was initially just to let me know the code was running.You can have serial data simultaneously on the pc's comport and the virtual comport(usb).From a terminal program send MX8 to start the usb xmit and MX9 to stop.If you want the VB code http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/show....php?t=7372.If you think the CDC demo was fun,Hid is even better.