ICD Feature of Microcode Studio Pro is not working

Closed Thread

Unhappy ICD Feature of Microcode Studio Pro is not working

I have PicBasic Pro 2.47 and Microcode Studio Pro. I am using a Lab-X1 board with a 16F877A chip. The Melabs U2 programmer is between the computer and the Lab-X1 board. The compile and program commands work.
    The ICD compile and program commands do not work. Thinking that my program was not suitable, I tried the ICD compile and load with BLINK8X.Bas and got the following error code: ICD_ERROR_MODEL_NOCHIPID. I have written to www.Mecanique.co.uk about this and have not received a reply. Can anyone help me to get my in circuit debug feature working?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

did you built the according hardware as well (max232 etc etc) ?
    courtsey of www.rentron.com

Have a look at the Bruce's ICD tutorial.

http://rentron.com/PicBasic/MCS_X3.htm
    Steve

It's not a bug, it's a random feature.
    There's no problem, only learning opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by schlaray View Post
    I have PicBasic Pro 2.47 and Microcode Studio Pro. I am using a Lab-X1 board with a 16F877A chip. The Melabs U2 programmer is between the computer and the Lab-X1 board. The compile and program commands work.
    The ICD compile and program commands do not work. Thinking that my program was not suitable, I tried the ICD compile and load with BLINK8X.Bas and got the following error code: ICD_ERROR_MODEL_NOCHIPID. I have written to www.Mecanique.co.uk about this and have not received a reply. Can anyone help me to get my in circuit debug feature working?
    The free version does not support the PIC you have selected. To use it on that chip you have to buy the not free version. Free version only supports 16f628.
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Default ICD feature of Microcode studio plus is not working

Thanks for your direction. As it turns out the lab- x1 board has the all the necessary components wired right on the board. All I need is a DB9 cable. As usual, I was impatient and wanted to see the ICD work before doing the required reading.

P.S. The Microcode Studio Plus does support the 16F877A.

Quote Originally Posted by schlaray View Post
    Thanks for your direction. As it turns out the lab- x1 board has the all the necessary components wired right on the board. All I need is a DB9 cable. As usual, I was impatient and wanted to see the ICD work before doing the required reading.

P.S. The Microcode Studio Plus does support the 16F877A.
    Yes the PLUS does ! The STD version does not.
    I did not buy the extra cost plus version, I have only the STD version supplied with ver. 2.47 PB Pro.
    JS
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.