Proteus Software

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Default Proteus Software

Hi guys, this is to anyone using Proteus VSM and/or PCB design software. I am looking at buying this but have a question. Do you know if I need the Advanced simulation option? I realize no one knows my needs, maybe a better question is who has it or not.
    -Bert

The glass is not half full or half empty, Its twice as big as needed for the job!

http://foamcasualty.com/ - Warbird R/C scratch building with foam!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Well yeah, tell us What you really looking for, there's by far better product on the market than Labcenter one.

Are you looking for a PCB software or what?
    Steve

It's not a bug, it's a random feature.
    There's no problem, only learning opportunities.

Well I started out just looking at the SIM side of it. Seems pretty nice to be able to sim circuits and code as a design. Then while surfing their site I realized I could get a nice integrated package to go from idea to PCB files.

But I have not ordered anything yet, so Steve please let me in on yuor favorite!
    -Bert

The glass is not half full or half empty, Its twice as big as needed for the job!

I never found any trusty sim software for Microcontrollers, Proteus being the worst each and every time their sale representative spam my e-mail box with their sh*tty Demos... but every time, I said.. OK i'll try it.. it failed everytime with some really simple test so I wouldn't recommend it unless it is tax deductible for you (Woohoo, once again I'll make friend with that one, like I care )

You want the truth, use real and true components with a simple USB/Serial terminal or ICD (if you know, agree and understand their limitations), period. You're brain and knowledge are going to like it, mentaly, it is better than anything else! Invest the cash you would have wasted in Sim in parts and equipment, that will last.

PCB software, Eagle seems to be pretty standard. I found it a tad harder to move on Eagle than on other while testing them though. Must be the over 15 year background with PCAD. No regret.

Conclusion: I'm not a good reference for sim, but... good luck. Let's see what the other will suggest, let see the fame goes down from the clouds above and see my post being edited or deleted for sanity purpose
    Last edited by mister_e; - 7th January 2011 at 00:59.
    Steve

It's not a bug, it's a random feature.
    There's no problem, only learning opportunities.

Thanks Steve. I have been using ICD and real components for about 14 years now. Also have been using the free software and services of Express PCB.

I guess I am looking for a little more convience. I realize nothing will take the place of actual parts and brain.
    -Bert

Are you planning on etching or machining your boards?
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.