connecting a piezo topic

Closed Thread
    tommytechcity Guest

Default connecting a piezo topic

hi there, i need a clue as too how to connect this product i bought from ebay to pc. check lin:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

the product is :20 Miniature electronic buzzer PPO 20mm iron shapes

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Look like ordinary piezo transducer to me

These look like regular piezo transducers but are on a steel plate instead of the more usual brass plate. You can drive them with a square wave direct from one pin on any PIC to ground. For long life make sure the device idles with no DC across the transducer. Make the drive pin an output and set it low in the idle period.

HTH
    BrianT

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    These look like regular piezo transducers but are on a steel plate instead of the more usual brass plate. You can drive them with a square wave direct from one pin on any PIC to ground. For long life make sure the device idles with no DC across the transducer. Make the drive pin an output and set it low in the idle period.

HTH
    BrianT
    Or you might put a 10µF cap in series with that pin . . .
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.