Problems starting an 18F8720

Closed Thread

Default Problems starting an 18F8720

High i try to start a basic blinking led, on a 18f8720, but no success, anyone knows config bits i should set to make this chip works ?

My code looks something like this.

main:
    HIGH PORTA.1
    PAUSE 300
    LOW PORTA.0
    PAUSE 300
    goto main

I tried disabling WDT, HSPPL, and multiple different combinations of config bits but nothing did it.

Its not a code problem but i have no clue on how i can debug/ troubelshoot the pic, this is pre-build card with the pic and pinouts.

Should I consider that, because the pic is programmable, its most likkely not blown, i just have to find the right bits, or can it be that it's programmable but will never start because its faulty ?

Regards.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Have you tired disabling the analog-digital converter?

ADCON0=%00000000
    ADCON1=%00001111
    "I think fish is nice, but then I think that rain is wet, so who am I to judge?" - Douglas Adams

Default i will try it this evening

Thanks for the reply i will give it a try when going home,
    i know adcon can give unexpected behavior sometimes, but i did'nt know it can simply avoid you pic to run a simple blink led.

if the pin the LED is on is also an AD pin, then yes it will stop it if that pin is configured for analog use.

Also, there is a problem in your code if you want the LED to blink. HIGH PORTA.1 will put port A, pin 1 high and LOW PORTA.0 will put port A, pin 0 low and thats where they will stay. Nothing will blink.
    "I think fish is nice, but then I think that rain is wet, so who am I to judge?" - Douglas Adams

my mistake in the code i typed over, i tried with pins on almost every port.
    B, H, A with the same result always. Not blinking. Therefore i have doubts over the device, how can i troubleshoot this ...

Hard to say without more information like the entire code, config settings and hardware setup. Are you using an external OSC?

Default The card

This pic is on a card with an osc onboard of 6mhz supposed to be ran on 24mhz thanks to hsppl.

Here is a pdf of the card, (it's in thai) but the last 2 pages are the wiring diagrams.

http://www.steitec.net/media/product...1249723519.pdf

Can you post your code and config settings.

Default Strange

Came back home and done it over again, played a bit with the config bits and it started to blink with and without adcon, one config bit i have removed was LVP .... that should not interfere execution.;.. but ok it works now thanks for the support.

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.