Am not able to get serial communication from MCSPlus with EasyPic6 while running program on 18F4550.
I set the SW6 and SW7 for RC7 & RC6 respectively per the User Manal and MCU data sheet for the EUSART in the 18F4550. I also made sure the host computer had the COM1 serial interface set to 9600 BPS, 8 data bits, no parity and one stop bit (8N1) .
The MCU was programmed using MCSPlus as the editor, PICBASICpro as the compiler, and MPASM as the assembler to create a .hex file, which was then burned into the MCU using a USB interface from PICFLASH to the EasyPIC6.
After programming I have then been trying to use ICD that is built into MCSPlus to step the source code and monitor variable values, which requires the serial interface connection between the MCSPlus host and the EasyPIC where the program is running in the PIC18F4550. I keep getting a serial interface timeout when I start the ICD in MCSPlus even though I have made sure the seral interface is defined in the code and the PC's serial settings have been set to match the MCSPlus settings of COM1.
Can you please advise from above info what I am doing wrong that is causing the serial interface to timeout without connection??