how to record sound into eeprom

Closed Thread

Question how to record sound into eeprom

im trying to findout how can i record sound in eeprom 24c64 so i can play it using pic f877 or i need to findout how can i convert wav to hex so i can save it in the eeprom to play it back. i found examples in c and asm languages but i donno about them i want someone to help me how to do it in pbp .just doing a project i need to put it saying somethongs . i hope it should be there examples in pbp, thank you

sorry about my poor english !!!!!!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Smile

Hi Mus,

Just how much sound do you want to record? I don't think you can store much sound on that size EEPROM. Have you look at the ISD family of sound recorders? That might be a good route to go. I am in the alarm business and specifically work with the Sonitrol system which stores sound from as many as 16 microphones and stores the sound a few seconds before an alarm and a few seconds after the alarm and then the actual alarm trigger is sent to their monitoring station where the operator can "listen-in" to live sound and also playback the recorded activity. They use special chips from Texas Instruments. The sound board sends the stored and live audio to the main or base unit over a RS485 bus then on to the monitoring staion over standard phone lines. Very impressive system.

Back to your idea, the ISD chips can record from a few seconds to several minutes. Simple uC interface too!

There have been a number of posts on the forum regarding ISD chips. Check for them thru the search feature.

Hope this helps you out.

BobK

See PIC iPod wav player
    Plays mono CD quality wav files up to 2 Gigabytes.
    Other compiler but is "Basic".
    Simpler 8 bit versions later in thread.

Norm

just want to store a few seconds sound in the eeprom . and i donno how to convert it to hex so i can save it and play it using pic ic ,thank you for help

Smile

Hi Mus,

I would imagine that you would connect a microphone to an A to D converter and then store the digital information in the EEPROM and then to play it back you would run the digital data thru a D to A converter. This obviously is the crudest form and would require alot more refinement to make it actually work.

HTH,

BobK

just want to store a few seconds sound in the eeprom . and i donno how to convert it to hex so i can save it and play it using pic ic
    See M25P32 PIC Audio

Norm

Exclamation

hello . thank u for help. ive seen the links .and im still trying what to use hserout hserin or somethings else to record by the mic and a var byte and word isnt enought to handle more than 2 byte . need somehelp plz