Is this a K Type sensor?

Threaded View

jessey Guest

Default Is this a K Type sensor?

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine just bought a used Crucible Furnace for melting metals. http://www.johnsongas.com/industrial/frn-crucible.asp The package deal came with a temperature probe connected to an analog meter to display the temperature of the metal being melted. The meter was left outside for some time and exposed to the elements and needless to say it doesn't work. I disconnected the wires from the probe (picture of the probe & meter are attached below) and connected them to a volt meter, when the sensor is cold the meter reads 0 volts and when heated up with a propane torch it produces a voltage in the milli volt range that continues to rise as the heat is applied to the sensor.

I was thinking that the sensor is a "K" type sensor (but not certain) and was wondering if anyone here could confirm that this is a "K" type sensor and possibly offer any advice as to how to approach writing code and interfacing the temperature sensor for this project. I'm assuming that I'd be using an ADC input to measure the voltage and do some math to print the temperature to my LCD. Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    jessey
    Attached Images Attached Images