PDA

View Full Version : GLCD Library for PBP

octal
- 20th October 2008, 11:11
Hi,
any plans to add a glcd library to PicBasic Pro?

Regards
octal

skimask
- 20th October 2008, 11:46
any plans to add a glcd library to PicBasic Pro?

Probably belongs in the 'Wish List' section ya think?

If you do a search here, you'll find more than one example for GLCD subroutines for PBP.

octal
- 20th October 2008, 13:15
Hello,
thank you for your answer. I have already seen all routines posted in the forum. But I'm talking on native functions implemented in PBP like Proton GLCD routines. or at least, to do like in Proton, to implement a Macro mechanisme by which users can implement their own external commands.

Regards
octal

skimask
- 20th October 2008, 13:30
thank you for your answer. I have already seen all routines posted in the forum. But I'm talking on native functions implemented in PBP like Proton GLCD routines.
How many types of GLCD do you want to support? Just the one you have or all the types out there?

or at least, to do like in Proton, to implement a Macro mechanisme by which users can implement their own external commands.
That's exactly how those GLCD routines work...macro's...

Acetronics2
- 20th October 2008, 14:50
Hi, Ski

I wonder the goal is here ...

http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11282

interessting reading.

Alain

skimask
- 20th October 2008, 15:19
Hi, Ski
interessting reading.
Alain

A bit too ambitious I'm thinking...but that's just me...

octal
- 20th October 2008, 20:19
Thank you for your answers.

As a lot of users knows, I wrote a font generator for GLCD, that takes any font and convert it to usable source codes for a set of compilers. I just want to add support (export filter) to PicBasic Pro. That's all.
Most users wants support for KS0108 and T6963c controllers. It's nice to have them supported directly by PicBasic Pro.
Actually my Font Creator is becoming a full studio for the creation of Fonts and Bitmaps for GLCD with support for a lot of compilers (new version already implements native support for about 11 compilers and let you write your own export filter for any custom format needed). I just wanted to not miss support for one of the most fine and used compilers for PIC.

Hi, Ski

interessting reading.

Alain

I would (better) say that the goal is here

http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16919

(PS. Sorry if this post links to external forums or sites)

Best regards
octal

mister_e
- 27th October 2008, 21:08
GLCD are plain easy to work with if you want to spend some time on. There's plenty ressource in PBP, ASm and other languages. Maybe i should sale a GLCD pack myself?

mackrackit
- 27th October 2008, 21:38
GLCD are plain easy to work with if you want to spend some time on. There's plenty ressource in PBP, ASm and other languages. Maybe i should sale a GLCD pack myself?
When are you taking orders?

mister_e
- 27th October 2008, 21:42
As soon as I recover all encrypted data on my main machine... stupid me... short story.. i've made something to encrypt data on my hard drive and it require a USB dongle to unlock it.. which I lost when... you know the story... but... deuh ++idiot, source code for that freaking dongle/encryption method was on that machine :D

I remember most part of it... but.. tehe.. not enough yet!

Anyways, don't worry, there will be no need for ANY extra hardware or dedicated ICs/built-in solution. copy/paste, INCLUDE and that's it. At least yet, i have some other solution in mind... which would be FAR easier...

mackrackit
- 27th October 2008, 21:49
As soon as I recover all encrypted data on my main machine... stupid me... short story.. i've made something to encrypt data on my hard drive and it require a USB dongle to unlock it.. which I lost when... you know the story... but... deuh ++idiot, source code for that freaking dongle/encryption method was on that machine :D

I remember most part of it... but.. tehe.. not enough yet!
That's almost funnny :D

I once locked my car keys in the car so I would not lose them :eek:

rmteo
- 27th October 2008, 21:50
I'm taking orders on mine. :D :D :D
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9807

mister_e
- 27th October 2008, 21:53
IC Swordfish's based i guess :rolleyes:

Not cost effective to me ;) :D

mackrackit
- 27th October 2008, 22:53
I'm taking orders on mine. :D :D :D
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9807
Is that something by the Basic Stamp folks?

rmteo
- 27th October 2008, 23:00
Is that something by the Basic Stamp folks?
No, it is mine. I will also be doing a 192x64 and a 240x128 with similar features. Its a complete system requiring just a single port pin. It can be used with low pin count devices. The 128x64 GLCD is priced very competitively compared to other 4x20 serial character LCDs.

mackrackit
- 27th October 2008, 23:16
No, it is mine. I will also be doing a 192x64 and a 240x128 with similar features. Its a complete system requiring just a single port pin. It can be used with low pin count devices. The 128x64 GLCD is priced very competitively compared to other 4x20 serial character LCDs.

That's cool!

The Parallax thing on the screen shot had me wondering.

rmteo
- 27th October 2008, 23:39
They were looking at carrying it so I did a demo for them. Here is a view of the back of the unit.

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2938&stc=1&d=1225150426

and some sample code (for Stamp - should be similar for PBP):

SEROUT 1, 396, [85] ' Auto Connect to display at 9600 Baud
' Can be up to 256,000 Baud

SEROUT 1, 396, [186] ' Clears the screen

SEROUT 1, 396, [188,10,20] ' Position cursor at x10, y20 for text display

SEROUT 1, 396, ["Hello World",0] ' Print "Hello World", 0 terminates string

SEROUT 1, 396, [255,3,63,31,25,255] ' Draw a circle at x63, y31
' Radius of circle is 25 pixels
' 255 at beginning and end signifies graphics
' "3" is for circle

SEROUT 1, 396, [255,2,20,10,100,50,255] ' Draw a rectangle from x20,y10 to x100,y50
' "2" is for rectangle

SEROUT 1, 396, [255,4,30,0,30,60,255] ' Draw a vertical line from x30,y0 to x30,y60
' "4" is for line

SEROUT 1, 396, [170,185] ' Set brightness level to 185 (from 0-255)
' "170" is command to set backlight brightness
' Value stored in EEPROM

rxforspeed
- 6th November 2008, 05:43

Good idea-I'd pay for the necessary .inc files and whatever else is needed if this would support mikroElektronika's 128x64 GLCD. I'm pretty sure it's a KS0108 or compatable type controller...

Would you be providing some sample source code or examples to paying customers? :D

What PBP commands would be used to print both fonts (normal and custom) and bitmaps to the screen? "LCDOUT" for normal text, with librarys to "INCLUDE" for pre-drawn bitmaps or "SEROUT mode,(Xpos),(Ypos),(bit)" (or something similar) to add a new bitmap directly in the code? What about plans for touch screen features/examples?

BTW-I hope you can recover your data without too many problems and headaches. Please keep us updated on this; I'm very interested!

Sincerely,

mister_e
- 6th November 2008, 16:49
Once i have it completed, recovered, i'll do an announcement somewhere here.

This is something really easy to use, couples of macros, DEFINES and that's it. Still working on the recovery thingy though. Oh well, i'll probably redo the whole thing from scratch...

Yes i also have touch-screen interfaces. Those GLCD are really neat, and quite cheap. I got mine from Circuit-Ed. Warren now have RGB backlight model as well... and OH, much neater, no longer need to mess with that tiny flat cable... have a look at the following..
http://www.circuit-ed.com/128x64-TouchScreen-GLCD-with-RGB-Backlight-P168C8.aspx

Acetronics2
- 6th November 2008, 17:22
Hi, Steve

I think I've already sent you something really close to the "Made in USA GLCD Controller" ... may be with the PC program "That goes well" ... running @ ...9600 bds too.

Lol !

Alain

mister_e
- 6th November 2008, 18:11
Maybe... who knows... anyways seems my last trauma removed many traces & "Souvenirs" in my virtual memory ;)

rxforspeed
- 7th November 2008, 04:51
Once i have it completed, recovered, i'll do an announcement somewhere here.

This is something really easy to use, couples of macros, DEFINES and that's it. Still working on the recovery thingy though. Oh well, i'll probably redo the whole thing from scratch...

Yes i also have touch-screen interfaces. Those GLCD are really neat, and quite cheap. I got mine from Circuit-Ed. Warren now have RGB backlight model as well... and OH, much neater, no longer need to mess with that tiny flat cable... have a look at the following..
http://www.circuit-ed.com/128x64-TouchScreen-GLCD-with-RGB-Backlight-P168C8.aspx

There's also some very useful information on touch screens there as well. Thanks for the link. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your pack...

BTW-did you notice the EasyPIC5 in the video on that page? I thought that unit looked like the mE GLCD I got with my EasyPIC5 (with a different touch screen connector, of course), then I noticed the vid. They both must have the same supplier...

mister_e
- 7th November 2008, 15:21
Both GLCD use the same controller, same touchscreen, same, same ,same, this one just have everything on the same edge connector + RGB backlight.