PDA

View Full Version : How to transfer data from 3 micro to 1

amindzo
- 8th September 2008, 15:37
Hi, i want to transfer some data from 3 micro controllers to one micro. i don't want to use wireless transmission. the distance between micro controllers are at least 10 meter. i use PIC16F877A and picbasic pro 2.43, could you help me?

skimask
- 8th September 2008, 16:53
Hi, i want to transfer some data from 3 micro controllers to one micro. i don't want to use wireless transmission. the distance between micro controllers are at least 10 meter.
That's some long wire.

i use PIC16F877A and picbasic pro 2.43,
Upgrade. Easily done you know...(or is it?)

could you help me?
Define.......HELP......

Hey, D_T!!! Could I hotlink your ROFL.GIF here? :D

Darrel Taylor
- 8th September 2008, 18:26
Hey, D_T!!! Could I hotlink your ROFL.GIF here? :D

You could, I don't mind. But it wouldn't be very nice to laugh at him. :eek:

amindzo,

Without more information, all I can say is ... RS485, 1 master/3 slave.
<br>

Archangel
- 8th September 2008, 18:42
Hi amindzo,
look at this link, I bought several of this authors books, and would again.
http://www.lvr.com/serport.htm#my_example_code

amindzo
- 9th September 2008, 10:39
Hi,my friend suggest that you use a multi cable to connect one port to another port of main micro(8 wire,for example PORTB of micro 1 to PORTC of main micro) and use PEEK and POKE instruction. you put one byte on a port and read it from main micro and you should make a time program to read data on time.
but it is not a good method. it's need a lot of wire and the distance can effect on the voltage,current and also we have noise.

skimask
- 9th September 2008, 11:44
Hi,my friend suggest that you use a multi cable to connect one port to another port of main micro(8 wire,for example PORTB of micro 1 to PORTC of main micro) and use PEEK and POKE instruction. you put one byte on a port and read it from main micro and you should make a time program to read data on time.
but it is not a good method. it's need a lot of wire and the distance can effect on the voltage,current and also we have noise.

See Post #3!

amindzo
- 9th September 2008, 21:49
what about using serin and serout instructions and a shield cable?

skimask
- 10th September 2008, 00:34
what about using serin and serout instructions and a shield cable?

That'll work great...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EIA-485

amindzo
- 10th September 2008, 05:11
if i want to use serin and serout instructions, can i connect(for example) PORTB.0 of micro 1 to PORTC.1 of main micro with wire directly?(with 10 to 20 meter distance)

amindzo
- 16th September 2008, 10:57
Hi, which cable i should use for this application to avoid noise problems and if i want to use MAX232 how should i connect it to microcontroller ? could you show me the diagram and the code in picbasic pro with serin and serout instructions?

skimask
- 16th September 2008, 13:36
could you show me the diagram and the code in picbasic pro with serin and serout instructions?

Anything else?
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1498