PDA

View Full Version : U2 ICSP connection

Macgman2000
- 13th August 2008, 06:58
Hello,

I have the LAB-X1 with U2 USB programmer. I know the LAB-X1 uses 12v to program a PIC via U2. Does anyone have a schematic of connections to an external board for in-circuit program via U2 hookup with 12v power supply? The LAB-X1 schematic doesn't seem to have that info.

Thanks!
Nick

skimask
- 13th August 2008, 10:34
I have the LAB-X1 with U2 USB programmer. I know the LAB-X1 uses 12v to program a PIC via U2. Does anyone have a schematic of connections to an external board for in-circuit program via U2 hookup with 12v power supply? The LAB-X1 schematic doesn't seem to have that info.

What? Not very clear here...
Do you want the U2 -> X1 connection diagram or the 12v power supply diagram or the X1 schematic?
Doesn't the manual have one? Isn't there one at www.melabs.com? Yes?

manwolf
- 13th August 2008, 22:35
Hello,

Thanks!
Nick

Nick you sure about that 12volts?

The MCLR pin on the PIC will be driven to approximately 13V during programming. This raises two concerns. The first is that your circuit must allow 13V on the pin. Don't connect the pin directly to the Vdd rail. The second concern is that the rest of your circuit may need to be protected from this voltage. If 13V on the MCLR pin might put at risk other components on your board, use a diode in series with the RESET pullup to keep the 13V off of the Vdd line.

Pin out and suggestions

http://picbasic.com/support/icsp.htm

Macgman2000
- 17th August 2008, 00:37
Thanks all for the info. Yes power supply says 12v, it was packed out with my lab-x1. open circuit voltage says 12.5v. It works just fine in programming.

Nick