PDA

View Full Version : Help with PICBasic and PIC12F683

plyrathrt
- 6th July 2008, 23:57
I am trying to pass a analog signal from one pin to another for a period of time with the press of a button.

I have tried using the "let" command but it's like it only lets part of the analog wave through and since it "cuts" it off or something it does the wrong function that signal should be doing.

I have been using optocoupler as a alternative to this issue but would like to know if it's possible to do with the PIC instead.

Any help would be appreciated.

skimask
- 7th July 2008, 05:17
I am trying to pass a analog signal from one pin to another for a period of time with the press of a button.
I have tried using the "let" command but it's like it only lets part of the analog wave through and since it "cuts" it off or something it does the wrong function that signal should be doing.
I have been using optocoupler as a alternative to this issue but would like to know if it's possible to do with the PIC instead.
Any help would be appreciated.

PICs can't pass ANALOG signals directly...no D/A converter on the back end. They can only 'pass' digital signals.

Gurkan-demirbas
- 7th July 2008, 15:46
No way to pass an analog signal through pic (as far as I know)
Why dont you use 74HC4066 Bilateral Switch ??
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/4/0/6/6/4066.shtml

skimask
- 7th July 2008, 20:48
No way to pass an analog signal through pic (as far as I know)
Why dont you use 74HC4066 Bilateral Switch ??
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/4/0/6/6/4066.shtml
4066 is good, but if you'll notice, at best, the 'switch' could have a 66ohm resistance across it.

plyrathrt
- 8th July 2008, 00:23
Great advice, thanks guys. I am placing a order for a few now. Less pins to connect than a quad channel optocoupler! lol

I wish I could "read" the analog signal and replicate it but I am not familar at all with doing that. I am still in the learning process :-)

Any suggestions or good reading material on that would be a lot of help.