PDA

View Full Version : Pic16f84 based pulse Counter

anzarsalam
- 2nd July 2008, 15:53
I am new to microcontrollers I want to know how this code is working? and is free from errors or not.. I am implementing this to get some practical knowledge of microcontrollers

skimask
- 2nd July 2008, 16:03
I am new to microcontrollers I want to know how this code is working? and is free from errors or not.. I am implementing this to get some practical knowledge of microcontrollers
Don't know...and probably never will...
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1742
How about some hardware description?
Can you make an LED blink under PIC control?

Acetronics2
- 2nd July 2008, 17:33
Hi, Ski

How are you ???

mmmmh, stupid question ! I sould have given you the link before ...

http://web-ee.com/schematics/medical/heartbeat-monitor/

I really am a mother for you ...

Regards
Alain

PS : Hope it works ! I'm a bit afraid of a "wall brick" supply defect ...

skimask
- 2nd July 2008, 17:48
Of course! I should've known to Google it before asking posing such a silly statement!
Well, since the code is written for a 16C84 and the O/P asked about a 16F84, I'm not sure if it'll work or not. I still stand by my original statement that the O/P might want to get his/her feet wet with blinky LED first and building up to this project, as always...

To the O/P : If the person 'published' this schematic along with this source code, I would say that the chances of it working as advertised are very good. Why would somebody post something like this if he/she knew it didn't work?

anzarsalam
- 3rd August 2008, 21:03
I have made led blinky, have made counter *simple upto 10
can make led chaser

shortly can set any any pin.. and play with o/p have studied and understannd 25 out of 37 commands of this programmer

but I am having problem.. how this controller give output on seven segment display

any suggestion?

Archangel
- 4th August 2008, 02:50
I have made led blinky, have made counter *simple upto 10
can make led chaser

shortly can set any any pin.. and play with o/p have studied and understannd 25 out of 37 commands of this programmer

but I am having problem.. how this controller give output on seven segment display

any suggestion?Use lookup command. build a table using numbers representing the output of the port driving the 7 segment display. each segment is lettered, a b c d e f g, h for the dot, so if the port = 0, 1, 2 etc the lookup table has those values represented as the value of the 7 segment display example: zero on the display has segments a b c d e f , all lighted your port output if hooked up this way,segment a= port?.0, b=port?.1, c=port?.2,d=port?.3, e=port?.4, f=port?.5, g=port?.6, h=port?.7 . . . . . zero would be 00111111 or $3F, one would equal 00000110 or $06 two would equal 00111011 or $3B . . .etc etc so the lookup table would read . . $3F,$06,$3b, . . . .