PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find my way

PIC_LOCO2
- 21st June 2008, 05:01
Hi everyone, I need a lot of help, I got MCSP 3.0.0.5, PBP 2.50 on a machine running Vista.
First, when compiling the code I was getting a "fatal out memory error", I uninstalled both applications and reinstalled again, now I when I try to compile I get "file access denied" and no compiler installed.
Please someone help before I loose all my hair.
Thank you.

skimask
- 21st June 2008, 05:37
Hi everyone, I need a lot of help, I got MCSP 3.0.0.5, PBP 2.50 on a machine running Vista.
First, when compiling the code I was getting a "fatal out memory error", I uninstalled both applications and reinstalled again, now I when I try to compile I get "file access denied" and no compiler installed.
Please someone help before I loose all my hair.
Thank you.

Probably didn't install the software with admin rights.
Check the book about the "fatal out of memory error"
Don't put all your files in the "My Documents" folder. Put the stuff closer to the root.
Sometimes these programs don't like file path's that are over about 60-ish characters long.

PIC_LOCO2
- 2nd July 2008, 01:45
I tried that still have the same error message, thank for the input, been out of town, sorry for the long delay.

locko
- 2nd July 2008, 07:56
I have the same setup as you and it all went on fine.
If you have tried installing with admin rights and tried running with admin rights, the only other thing I can think of is.....
Are you running Vista 64 bit? I have the 32 bit version. I know the 64 bit is a lot more strict when it comes to program rights etc. Also did you install to the standard program directory or did you select a new one.

Other than that, I dont have any other ideas. The file access denied does seem to be a rights managment issue, I do have a Vista 64 machine but the CD/DVD drive is out. If I can find a way to install the progs, I will give it a go and see if they run.

Paul

PIC_LOCO2
- 4th July 2008, 23:54
I'm running Vista 32, I removed both programs and reinstalled again, still have the same error, getting a bit frustrated , don't know what else to do.
fc

locko
- 5th July 2008, 09:45
I removed the MCS+ link to pbp and when I tried to compile something it did a search and found it - so if it is still saying no compiler etc, it is either not in the standard directory or it is in the progrram files folder and MCS+ does not have the rights to access it.

Here are some questions so I know whats going on a little better:

Where is pbp installed?
Where is MCS+ installed?
Did you install MCS+ using admin rights? or
Did you run MCS+ using admin rights?
Are you an admin user on the PC?

Hang in there, well get it.

Paul

PIC_LOCO2
- 5th July 2008, 17:29
Maybe this will give you an idea
what I have is
C:\PBP
C:\Program Files\Mecanique\MCSP
and I instlled MCS+ with adnim rights.
again thank you
francisco.

mackrackit
- 5th July 2008, 18:30
Do you by chance have MCS set to use MPASM and do not have MPLAB installed ?

locko
- 5th July 2008, 18:51
OK, I have messed around with my setup a little.
I have tried moving my pbp folder to different locations and can not get the same error.
MCS+ runs fine with and without admin rights here.
The only way is to uninstall pbp and try to compile - then I get "unable to find compiler' error.
When you compile, does a search window for the compiler pop up or do you get the error right away?
Also are you still getting the file access denied error?
Sorry, no answer yet....

Paul

PIC_LOCO2
- 10th July 2008, 04:58
I have MCSP set to use MPASM, MPLAB is not installed.
francisco

Archangel
- 10th July 2008, 05:12
Get it here . . . free: http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en019469&part=SW007002

PICante
- 10th July 2008, 17:50
For a troublefree environment I wouldn’t use Vista in the next three or four years, just stick to XPP until enough fixes and updates are available!
I have seen quite a few reasons to stay away from Vista!