PDA

View Full Version : 8 servo motor biped

rick hardy
- 7th June 2008, 05:31
Is there anyone who has built a 16F84-controlled 8 servo motor biped like the one in Jon Iovine's PIC book ?

A video of this robot walking can be seen at the Images SI site.

I'm having a problem with mine.
It will initialize in a knee bent foward stance.
When it goes into its first movement, both ankle servos tilt the robot to the left until the robot falls over. Then no other movement occurs.

rick hardy
- 7th June 2008, 05:49
Is there anyone who has built the PIC16F84-controlled 8 servo motor biped in Jon Iovine's PIC book ?
I have.
This is the latest problem I ran into:
The biped starts off by initializing its stance (knees bent forward).
When it goes into its first movement, both ankles tilt to the left and the robot falls over and then nothing occurs, as far as any other individual servo movements.
Anyone else run into this problem ?

I just got to thinking about my problem and had this thought:
Jon Iovine recommends putting a GOTO HOLD statement after each movement, so you can see the movement and tweak the positioning of the servos if need be. I did that after the first movement, but then got greedy, removed the GOTO HOLD statement after the 1st movement, reprogrammed the chip and tried it again; the same thing happened.
Is it possible that the GOTO HOLD statement I removed after the 1st movement is still "burned" into the chip ?
I thought that all the code is erased before it is "burned" again ? or is there a setting I need to check ?

Archangel
- 7th June 2008, 06:21
Is there anyone who has built the PIC16F84-controlled 8 servo motor biped in Jon Iovine's PIC book ?
I have.
This is the latest problem I ran into:
The biped starts off by initializing its stance (knees bent forward).
When it goes into its first movement, both ankles tilt to the left and the robot falls over and then nothing occurs, as far as any other individual servo movements.
Anyone else run into this problem ?

I just got to thinking about my problem and had this thought:
Jon Iovine recommends putting a GOTO HOLD statement after each movement, so you can see the movement and tweak the positioning of the servos if need be. I did that after the first movement, but then got greedy, removed the GOTO HOLD statement after the 1st movement, reprogrammed the chip and tried it again; the same thing happened.
<font color = red>Is it possible that the GOTO HOLD statement I removed after the 1st movement is still "burned" into the chip ?</font color>
I thought that all the code is erased before it is "burned" again ? or is there a setting I need to check ?If you did not erase the chip prior to programming, As I understand it is possible .