PDA

View Full Version : How do you

lew247
- 2nd June 2008, 12:10
Is the output from the DCF time signal the same as the MSF one?
I.E will software (PBP) written for a DCF receiver work when attached to an MSF receiver?

By the way the original text of this post was how do you edit posts when there is no edit button, but for some wierd reason there is an edit button on some of my posts but not all

Jerson
- 2nd June 2008, 16:12
I keep wondering if it is possible in the forum software to block the same poster from posting in multiple sub-topics within a span of an hour. There seems to be a regular flood of spam postings every now and then

lew247
- 2nd June 2008, 17:26
I keep wondering if it is possible in the forum software to block the same poster from posting in multiple sub-topics within a span of an hour. There seems to be a regular flood of spam postings every now and then

What has that got to do with the question I asked? or are you accusing me of multiple postings in multiple sub topics?

Yes I had asked a question yesterday about how to interface an msf module to a pic but seeing nobody wanted to answer, I made the question simpler by asking is the data transmitted by both signals the same, i.e you'd use the same program to decode them and they contain the same info in the same format

My post title says.. how do you and the original post was actually asking how do you edit posts as there was NO edit button on the question i asked yesterday... but there was an edit button on this one
hence me changing the question here
if that made sense to anyone!

skimask
- 2nd June 2008, 17:33
What has that got to do with the question I asked? or are you accusing me of multiple postings in multiple sub topics........
No...It had nothing to do with you!!!! Don't take it wrong!!!!

There was a spammer on here earlier that posted a bunch of crap...happens once in awhile.
Apparently the admins got in and deleted them and there's a bit of miscommunication...

And the edit button should be present AFTER you post...but it does go away after a bit.

lew247
- 2nd June 2008, 17:43
No...It had nothing to do with you!!!! Don't take it wrong!!!!

There was a spammer on here earlier that posted a bunch of crap...happens once in awhile.
Apparently the admins got in and deleted them and there's a bit of miscommunication...

And the edit button should be present AFTER you post...but it does go away after a bit.

Ah thanks :)
That explains why the edit button is there on this post but not on the previous one, which would have been handy but such is life :)

Jerson
- 3rd June 2008, 04:22
Lew247

I hope you understand now that Ski has clarified. There are annoying spammers polluting the board with deals for Hacked phones and stuff. It was not directed at you. I'm sorry you did not notice the spam and felt that it was directed at you.

lew247
- 3rd June 2008, 10:13
Anyone any ideas how to, or clues as to where i go to start figuring out..
how to decode the data coming from my module, it outputs its own serial data and it uses a 1khz sinc pulse, aparently as it arrives serially I have to shift the bits into 4 bit nibbles, whatever they are! and then convert some bits from bcd and some from hex but that bit shouldnt be a problem, its how to interface the serial output from the module to the pic, and how I'd use the serial data to decode it
sorry this is all probably really easy and simple to most of you but to me it's all new.

Jerson
- 3rd June 2008, 10:33
Is this asynchronous data? You need to know the baud rate in that case. If it is synchronous data, you could look at the SHIFTIN command. You need a clock line and data line for this to work.

lew247
- 3rd June 2008, 13:24
Its umm not sure really
all I know is what i got off the dats sheet which for a newcomer like me isnt much
if anyone wants to look at the sheet its http://www.u-t-s.de/PDF_Daten/583374_MSF%20RC_wallclock+DO_Specification.pdf

Jerson
- 3rd June 2008, 14:25
I've looked at the datasheet you linked. You will need to use the SHIFTIN command to capture this data.

lew247
- 3rd June 2008, 15:16
I've looked at the datasheet you linked. You will need to use the SHIFTIN command to capture this data.

although I've decided to give up totally on trying to figure out pic chips, see my question where I asked the simple query about how you connect one to an icd2

skimask
- 3rd June 2008, 15:35
although I've decided to give up totally on trying to figure out pic chips, see my question where I asked the simple query about how you connect one to an icd2
Yep, that'll get your project done. Especially when given the simple answers in another thread.
And that datasheet is missing a few key specifications...
Is the serial output clocked by the clock itself (master) or does the clock require a clock (slave)?
Methinks quite a bit easier to go with a dedicated RTC.

T.Jackson
- 3rd June 2008, 16:09
Hmm ... possible pussy cat
I wouldn't worry too much about those spammers trying to off load stolen goods -- I'll have them all in jail by next Christmas.

skimask
- 3rd June 2008, 17:05
Hmm ... possible pussy cat
I wouldn't worry too much about those spammers trying to off load stolen goods -- I'll have them all in jail by next Christmas.

You go get 'em Tiger!
You're thhhhooooper...

T.Jackson
- 4th June 2008, 06:24
You go get 'em Tiger!
You're thhhhooooper...

Nah, too tough for me, I'm actually really seeking a sedate, peaceful life. Most of these guys on the front line are tougher than the people that they put in jail. Some of them look like they've just come out of a bloody war. I honestly don't think you could pay them enough money. Everyday they're taking a massive gamble with their own lives with everything that they do. No thanks.

Trent Jackson

T.Jackson
- 4th June 2008, 09:26
I'd imagine that there's quite a few people around that have me figured as some sort expert at picking people, you're right, I am. There is absolutely no University unit or textbook in this world that will enable you to directly transverse with this skill. I have always been street smart.

Trent Jackson

skimask
- 4th June 2008, 14:13
I'd imagine that there's quite a few people around that have me figured as some sort expert at picking people, you're right, I am. There is absolutely no University unit or textbook in this world that will enable you to directly transverse with this skill. I have always been street smart.
Trent Jackson

Yep, that's exactly how I pegged you...not to mention an expert at so many wonderful things.
Maybe, just maybe, since after all you are an expert, you could write that textbook that you eluded to, or create that University unit, and even include a full chapter on the art of being street smart, and otherwise, for all to see, and spread that glory which is you.

T.Jackson
- 4th June 2008, 14:25
lol, everyone say "meow" to Jeremy.

T.Jackson
- 4th June 2008, 14:57
You could write that textbook that you eluded to, or create that University unit, and even include a full chapter on the art of being street smart.

Don't think it's possible. I think becoming street smart comes with being at the center of real world events. Many people are pretty well street smart by the time they're 30. Particularly people in business. I believe that some people are actually even born street smart, much like some Doctors believe that we were all born with language.

skimask
- 4th June 2008, 15:13
lol, everyone say "meow" to Jeremy.

Everybody say ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz to TJ...
(of course we may need some sort of "audio magnificator" and/or long distance communications device to get the vocal information passed up that high)

mister_e
- 4th June 2008, 15:15
I have a dream...
That one day T Jackson would get down of it's pedestal,
And post something that is PBP related.

skimask
- 4th June 2008, 15:24
I have a dream...
I don't think I would classify that as a dream...
A nightmare for sure !

mister_e
- 4th June 2008, 18:56
I've always been a Martin Luther King Jr speech fan.. hence the "I have a dream" quote ;)

Allow me to dream... everybody have a second, third... hundredth chance :D

ClayE
- 28th June 2008, 16:55
Did you actually decide to hang it up?