PDA

View Full Version : using picbasic compiler..

shirleyz
- 31st May 2008, 14:13
i'm using pic16f877a...using microchips mplab with pic basic compiler...where i need to write the code...izzit using code studio plus...then compile it...and then use pickit2 to transfer the hex code to PIC???
am i right??
wat the use of mplab and proton ide...???

mat janssen
- 31st May 2008, 15:10
You need mplab to start your programmer. In Mplab the programming software is build in.
You don't need proton ide.
But if you have a working other programm to work with your programmer, the need of mplab is not there.
This all when working with pbp as a compiler and code studio plus as your programm editor.

shirleyz
- 1st June 2008, 07:42
i still not really understand...ok let explain step by step.
can i just used code studio plus to edit my program and compile it...so it will build the hex file...so dont need to use mplab. then just use pickit2 to transfer the hex file to microcontroller..izzit??

thanks

mackrackit
- 1st June 2008, 08:01
i still not really understand...ok let explain step by step.
can i just used code studio plus to edit my program and compile it...so it will build the hex file...so dont need to use mplab. then just use pickit2 to transfer the hex file to microcontroller..izzit??

thanks

Yes, That will work.
If you have MPLAB installed you will have better luck using MPASM as the assembler.

In Micro Code on the tool bar click "View" and then "Comple and Program Options".
Under the "Assembler" tab, check the box "Use MPASM" and then click the button "Find Automatically".

Now when you compile, Micro Code will use MPASM to build the hex file. Then use the PICKIT2 to transfer the hex.

shirleyz
- 1st June 2008, 09:36
thanks for the info...