PDA

View Full Version : Propic 2 Gold(first Post From Me)

inspired4real
- 29th May 2008, 17:12
Hello Pic Basic Pro Users, I Have Read This Thread Alot As A Guest And Now Able To Program Pic As A Newbie On My Own. I Will Like To Thank The Community For The Wonderful Works

I Want To Build Propic 2 Gold And Have Hex File For The 12c508 That Was Used, But I Have 12f675 And Want To Know Whether Recombiling This Code For 12f675 Will Make The Code Work Flawlessly?

Secondly I Am Using China Top 2005+ Programmer And You Have To Set Configuration Bits From The Graphical User Interface In The Software That Came With The Programmer. However I Try To Always Set Configuration Fuse From Pic Basic Pro And That Of The Programmer Tends To Override The One I Programmed Into Picbasic Pro, Which One Takes Precedence Anyway. So I Can Know Which To Use At Any Time. But It Would Have Been Easier To Set Configuration Fuse From Within Pic Basic Pro.

skimask
- 29th May 2008, 17:16
Secondly I Am Using China Top 2005+ Programmer And You Have To Set Configuration Bits From The Graphical User Interface In The Software That Came With The Programmer. However I Try To Always Set Configuration Fuse From Pic Basic Pro And That Of The Programmer Tends To Override The One I Programmed Into Picbasic Pro, Which One Takes Precedence Anyway. So I Can Know Which To Use At Any Time. But It Would Have Been Easier To Set Configuration Fuse From Within Pic Basic Pro.

Use search function here. Keywords: PRESETTING CONFIG FUSES

mister_e
- 29th May 2008, 17:44
I Want To Build Propic 2 Gold And Have Hex File For The 12c508 That Was Used, But I Have 12f675 And Want To Know Whether Recombiling This Code For 12f675 Will Make The Code Work Flawlessly?

If you have the source code for the 12C508, you will need to modify it a little bit as the 12F675 have ADCs and comparator that 12C508 don't. If you don't disable the extra feature, you will run into problem.

For the Config Fuses, see this one
Presetting Configuration Fuses (PIC Defines) into your Program
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=543

POST #1 and POST #5 cover everything you need to know.

Not a bad idea to have a look at the following too.
PortA Doesn't Work & Common 8-Bit PICŪ Microcontroller I/O Pin Issues (TB3009)
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=561

HTH