PDA

View Full Version : PBP and MPLab IDE

Perrin`
- 29th May 2008, 00:18
This is my first time using MCUs at all and I read that PIC were fairly easy to use. So I got MPLab and started playing around, followed the tutorials, which I completed.

I decided I wanted to write in a higher level language closer to C, so I decided to try PBP. I can't even complete the demo program it provides in the manual. I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong here, but I have no idea what and I've looked around quite a bit, rather unsuccessfully.

So here is what I have:

I'm using MPLab 8.00
I created a project with PBP as my language toolsuite. I copy and pasted this file(the provided example file). Saved it as basic file, added it as source file and hit build.

' Example program from manual to blink an LED connected to PORTB.0 about once a second

loop: High PORTB.0 ' Turn on LED connected to PORTB.0
Pause 500 ' Delay for .5 seconds

Low PORTB.0 ' Turn off LED connected to PORTB.0
Pause 500 ' Delay for .5 seconds

Goto loop ' Go back to loop and blink LED forever
End

And I get this:

Executing: "C:\PBP\PBPW.EXE" -p18F452 -ampasmwin -oq -z "C:\PBP\Test.BAS"
PICBASIC PRO(TM) Compiler 2.50a, (c) 1998, 2007 microEngineering Labs, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

ERROR: Unable to execute mpasmwin.BUILD FAILED

I think for some reason it cant find the assembler, I have the assembler defined, see here:
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/PScheffler/?action=view&current=Desktop.jpg

What I need to know is if there is a way/how to Check my path defined under the configuration for the PBP tool set.

mackrackit
- 29th May 2008, 01:39
In the language tool suite you need to select the PicBasicPro option. Not MPASM.

mackrackit
- 29th May 2008, 02:02
Missread your question.

Goto program files in the Microchip directory and look for the MPASM Suite.

mister_e
- 29th May 2008, 05:00
Make sure that both
C:\PBP
AND
C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite

are listed in Windows System Variable>>Path ... and it has to work. You may need to reboot your computer before using it.

Perrin`
- 29th May 2008, 14:09
Trying that now.

I can use PBP from the command line(I'd really prefer to use IDE), but it uses the PM assembler and if I try to make it use MPASM it gives an error.

EDIT:

I added it to the path and it works, thanks.