PDA

View Full Version : mrf24j40 RF transciever with pic

xnihilo
- 20th May 2008, 12:31
Did someone already interfaced a pic with an microchip mrf24j40 rf transciever?

ronjodu
- 1st September 2008, 03:11
xnihilo, any success with these chips?
I'm diving into 802.15.4 and zigbee and could use a jump start. Just started reading Fred Eady's book "Hands-On Zigbee". Got some parts on order. Printing out hard copies of TFM's. Probably getting in over my head again but with forums like this I feel safe.

xnihilo
- 1st September 2008, 19:07
Nope.
It looks too complicated for what I need. I just need to send 8 bits like a beacon and the receiver should just poll the pin connected to the receiver module when needed to check if there is a signal and what is the content of the 8 bits.
I might be using TLP434 and RLP434 if I understand how I can interface it to a pic.

Michael
- 1st September 2008, 19:15
what is the (reliable) range on zigbee?
what freq does it operate on?

xnihilo
- 2nd September 2008, 10:25
Absolutely no idea...

gringobomba14
- 2nd September 2008, 17:37
If you're only interested in sending 8 bits, maybe a simple RX/TX setup would be better and less complicated. There are many examples available on this forum, and these examples have allowed me and others to learn how to transmit and recieve pretty prefectly different bits of information over RF. Make sure you check out Manchester Coding and other such protocols before you make up your minds

TLP434 tx on 434MHZ... the clue was in the part number........ This is part of the ISM band, basically used for everything from garage door openers to cordless phones to baby monitors to alarm keyfobs. It's a noisy world out there on RF land, so your choice of protocols will be important

flotulopex
- 17th September 2008, 15:11
Hello there,

I'd like to send small amount of data, one way only, from a measuring device to a distant display (like some indoor-thermometer with outdoor-sensor).

I was thinking about using some standart rf modules one can find in the internet; most of them are in the 433MHz range.

Apparently, the swiss regulation concerning frequency allocation prohibits the use of the 433MHz band; frequencies of 2,4GHz (I have to check this out) seem to be allowed.

Would the rf PIC be a good choice for this purpose?

My experience in rf equals almost zero...