PDA

View Full Version : Sending SMS with Nokia 6210 using PICF819

stuart_penman
- 16th May 2008, 21:05
Hi,

I am trying to send SMS messages from a Nokia 6210 mobile using a PICF819. I have a Nokia DLR-3 data cable which I can connect to HyperTerminal and send SMS messages using AT commands.

How can I use the PIC to send the AT commands instead of HyperTerminal? I think the data cable needs RS232 so I was going to us a MAX232 between the PIC and cable but I am not sure what pins to connect.

Thanks for any help,

Stuart

skimask
- 16th May 2008, 21:12
I am trying to send SMS messages from a Nokia 6210 mobile using a PICF819. I have a Nokia DLR-3 data cable which I can connect to HyperTerminal and send SMS messages using AT commands.
Search the GSM section of the forums...

How can I use the PIC to send the AT commands instead of HyperTerminal? I think the data cable needs RS232 so I was going to us a MAX232 between the PIC and cable but I am not sure what pins to connect.
SEROUT/SEROUT2/HSEROUT, hardware serial module of a PIC, bit bang an I/O pin set to output mode. Lots of options...one manual to read...

camolas
- 16th October 2008, 15:08
Hi,

Thanks for any help,

Stuart

Hi,

You can use my way of connecting see in there http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9796

Xau.