PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing

PaulB
- 12th November 2004, 14:00
Purchased PBasic Pro today and tried to compile the comms demo program from the Code samples section. This is the one that turns LEDs on and OFF via commands from a terminal emulator.

Load the source into MicroCode Studio and press Compile button.

Get the same errors I got with my earlier version of Pbasic. Comiler compains that the @ command is illegal. and goes on from there. Its not of course, but I am obviously missing some directive at the top of the program,

Can someone help please

Regards

PaulB

Dwayne
- 12th November 2004, 14:14
Hello PaulB,

Paul>>Get the same errors I got with my earlier version of Pbasic. Comiler compains that the @ command is illegal. and goes on from there.<<

do a copy/paste of your code to here, and let us take a look at it.

Dwayne

PaulB
- 12th November 2004, 15:43
Hi Dwayne,

The code is from the Code example section and I have put a screen capture for you

Any ideas?

Regards

Paulb

Ingvar
- 12th November 2004, 16:00
Did you tell MicroCode Studio to use the new version? Press Help - About and check below "MicroCode studio", it should say "PICBasic Pro 2.45" or something similar. If it just says "PIBBasic" you need to point MCS to where you installed the new compiler. You do that under View - PICBasic Options.

/Ingvar

PaulB
- 12th November 2004, 16:15
OK Guys,

Thanks for that, Now fixed.

MicroCode studio does say ProBasic 2.45, but it found the old PBC compiler in C:\PBC rather than the new one in c:\PBP!

Used find manually to find it!

Thanks for the help.

Now I just have to squeeze the code into a 16F84A!

Regards

PaulB