PDA

View Full Version : Paid assistance needed, 16F877A, RS232, Vetra

CodeShredder
- 14th May 2008, 22:16
Hi,

I need some help in completing a prototye and am willing to pay for assistance.

I have a small input device based on a PIC16F877A that generates ascii codes and sends them to an LCD. I now want to use a Vetra USB Protocol Converter (http://vetra.com/331Utext.html) to convert these ascii codes to keyboard codes and send them to a PC.

Unfortunately Vetra tell me that to connect the 16F877A to the converter I must first set up the USART to deliver the correct RS232 data format and also, as the input to the Converter is RS-232, there should be level converter circuitry between the PIC serial output and the input to the Converter.

This is beyond my current abilities so I'm looking for someone to either guide me through the work or complete the work themselves for a hopefully modest fee.

I live near Heathrow and it would be handy if there was someone within commuting distance.

Please contact me if you are potentially interested. [email protected]

Thanks

Mark Dressel

skimask
- 14th May 2008, 23:42
Unfortunately Vetra tell me that to connect the 16F877A to the converter I must first set up the USART to deliver the correct RS232 data format and also, as the input to the Converter is RS-232, there should be level converter circuitry between the PIC serial output and the input to the Converter.

I'd love to take all your money...but...

PicBasicPro is completely capable of doing what you need to drive that box. ($149 for that thing?...jeeze, you can almost put together another PC for that amount). If you have PBP, read the manual, specifically the SERIN/SERIN2/SEROUT/SEROUT2 sections.

In fact, PBP and a PIC18F2550 is completely capable of doing what you need to drive a PC thru the USB port...but requires a fair amount of knowledge.

CodeShredder
- 17th May 2008, 10:34
Thanks skimask for the information you have provided, I shall go and research.

An old friend of mine has volunteered to help me out on this project so thanks to all those that have replied with offers of help but I think I am sorted now.

Cheers,
Mark