PDA

View Full Version : How to specify target in PBP file?

Jerson
- 27th April 2008, 06:49
Hi

I code various types of PICs ranging from the 676 to 628 to 917 and 4550. My setup is PsPad(editor)-PBP-PM/MPASM as the case may be.

The editor has an option to run the PBP compiler with command line options where I specify the processor target with the -p option. While maintaining the programs for the various pics, I invariably compile a project for a different target. What I would like to know is if anyone knows if I can embed the target type into the PBP source file so that I dont have to tell PBP on the command line which target I need to compile for. Is it possible?

I have looked on the forum for this, but found answers related to Microcode studio and I do not use it.

Thanks for you attention
Jerson

mister_e
- 27th April 2008, 08:51
Unless you create a macro, or specific batch file, or external application which parse your code and then create the command line, i don't see any obvious solution. Not familiar with this editor though.

Out of curiosity, why are you using this editor?

Acetronics2
- 27th April 2008, 09:56
Hi, Jerson

as MPASM needs to be told which processor it must compile for ... before launching PbP ( or MPASM ... ), I do not see how to do that .

I already tried that with pure asm ... LOL :

some similar processors can compile the same file without pain ... and conditionnal assembly solve the header files choice and different registers and ports naming.

I just placed an error message shown by MPASM at compile time to verify if processor selected was the good one ...

Now, with PbP ... I haven't tried conditionnal assembly yet ( possible ? - inserting asm directives ? ) and Already asked Steve, if he saw a solution to tell MPLAB which processor I want to use.

Answer was the same as yours ... you must tell MPLAB which processor in use AT FIRST.

Alain

PS ... MPLAB 8.10 release is launched ... but still no PBPL integration !!! GRRRRRRRR !!!

Jerson
- 27th April 2008, 11:30
Out of curiosity, why are you using this editor?

I use this editor to handle C files, Basic files, ASM files too. Has a good load of features - most important of all - column editing and syntax colouring. See, I code in 8051 C besides PBP. Also, it has a good hex editor built in. All you can need for your editing needs. Give it a try, bet you'll like it too. Its freeware.

no miracle at sight

Alain - I wish there will be.

Still, if there is some way, I'd like to know. Its not stopping me working, but..... I'd like to avoid the compile time errors without pulling out what's left on my head ... :)

Thank you for your ideas

Jerson

mister_e
- 27th April 2008, 21:35
That's what i thought knowing you work on many different platform and languages. One for all. Seems fair enough for me too ;)

Well unfortunately i don't have any magic potion for this one... the custom code parser solution is the only one i see.