PDA

View Full Version : Melabs U2 USB programmer

Ron Marcus
- 22nd April 2008, 03:33
I accidentally plugged my ICSP 5 pin connector into the wrong side of the U2 programming socket(Duh). My 18LF2620 quickly rose in temperature to somewhat just under that of the sun's surface before I could remove the connector. I replaced the micro, but, I may have damaged the programmer. It does not see the new chip and therefore won't program it. Anyone done something like this? What do I need to do to fix/troubleshoot this?
Thanks,
Ron

mvs_sarma
- 24th April 2008, 16:12
I accidentally plugged my ICSP 5 pin connector into the wrong side of the U2 programming socket(Duh). My 18LF2620 quickly rose in temperature to somewhat just under that of the sun's surface before I could remove the connector. I replaced the micro, but, I may have damaged the programmer. It does not see the new chip and therefore won't program it. Anyone done something like this? What do I need to do to fix/troubleshoot this?
Thanks,
Ron

If you have the schematic, why not post it or mail it to be able to discuss?I could only have a photograph as downloaded from their site but no schematic?

The device 18LF2620 would have some program inside.
BTW, How do you manage that when you replace the chip? whether you obtained a pre-programmed chip from ME Labs? If not better get it now and replace. then the other chip you have could perhaps be used for other designs.

Ron Marcus
- 24th April 2008, 19:03
Hi Sarma,
I figured it out. The connector had an intermittent connection.Thanks for the reply though!
Ron