PDA

View Full Version : compiler help!!!!

MINHLE
- 19th April 2008, 02:47
I have a problem with compiler.

here how it look like (using MicroCode studio and MElabs programmer):

when pressing button 'compiler'

- searching for PICbacsic folder .... (end up nothing!)

I scanned through PICbasic forum, and saw that the Oscillator should be right checked. reading the data sheet of 16f628, sec 14.2 oscillator. I found several ways of design( depend on user...). I cannot read or understand the circuit (USB programmer) it is too small.

so some one can help me out of this trouble.

anther thing is that: on the help/.about: "compiler is not installed". but I searched and found out that PICBASIC pro in the direction of melabs and Mechanics....

I aslo try to install new compiler i.e. winpicprog and followed some instruction from this forum site. but I did not get any new result.

thank for your guide,
Minh le

skimask
- 19th April 2008, 06:01
I have a problem with compiler.
here how it look like (using MicroCode studio and MElabs programmer):
when pressing button 'compiler'
- searching for PICbacsic folder .... (end up nothing!)
I scanned through PICbasic forum, and saw that the Oscillator should be right checked. reading the data sheet of 16f628, sec 14.2 oscillator. I found several ways of design( depend on user...). I cannot read or understand the circuit (USB programmer) it is too small.
so some one can help me out of this trouble.
anther thing is that: on the help/.about: "compiler is not installed". but I searched and found out that PICBASIC pro in the direction of melabs and Mechanics....
I aslo try to install new compiler i.e. winpicprog and followed some instruction from this forum site. but I did not get any new result.
thank for your guide,
Minh le

MicroCode Studio - Editor environment (like a souped up version of Windows NotePad, but so much more) - create/edit a file to be compiled by ->>>

PicBasicPro - Compiler - translates 'verbal' commands into macros/text for assembly by ->>>

MPLAB/MPASM - Assembler - assembles compiled code into a hex file for use by a programmer such as ->>>

Microchip PICKIT2 - Programmer - connects thru the USB port to the PIC to program said PIC to run programs on hardware such as ->>>

Whatever you've built or bought....

So, as you can see, MCS can't find PicBasicPro because apparently you haven't bought and/or installed it yet...

EDIT:
WinPicProg - not a compiler, only a program to transfer HEX data (PIC program) from the PC to a PIC via a PIC programmer.
MELabs programmer - PIC Programmer (similar to Microchip PICKIT2, performs same basic functions)

skimask
- 20th April 2008, 05:26
Looking for a freebie or what? 5-fingered discount? Large ZIP file transfer?

Not gonna happen here bud...

mister_e
- 20th April 2008, 11:22
Skimask, take a deep breathe.... sit back and relax. Life is so short...

MINHLE
- 20th April 2008, 13:39
Skimask, take a deep breathe.... sit back and relax. Life is so short...

Hi Steve,

thanks for your redirecting me to the webpage. I read that before. when I bought the USB programmer hardware they (advertiser on the web) did not mention about compiler so I though I buy then it works!!!!

when receiving the package and installed it. there something missing: editor page and compiler....

it cost too much to send a package (<10gram) from uSA to CAnada (40$: shipping from seller (20$) +Post Canada 20$)

I am new in the firmware so everything begins from zero!!!

I will try to contact the vendor later.

thanks
Minhle
in montreal there are some places to sell it?

mister_e
- 20th April 2008, 13:56
The closest place from Montréal i know is located at the west-end of Canada. Their pricing is almost the same, bit bit much.

Shipping from USA to Canada is ~20 bucks, depending the method you're using.

MINHLE
- 20th April 2008, 17:13
thanks Steve, should you send me that email or website, or phone?

thanks again
Minh Le

mister_e
- 20th April 2008, 17:18
Click on one of those bellow.
1. USA (http://www.rentron.com/PicBasic/products/PBP_E.htm)
2. Canada (http://www.hvwtech.com/)

MINHLE
- 20th April 2008, 18:43
thank again Steve, I get through the web. it is ok. the price is much the same.
I asked for picbasic pro compiler. hopefully there i s no problem at all.

regards,

Minh le

mister_e
- 20th April 2008, 18:52
欢迎
환영
歓迎