PDA

View Full Version : Microchip Code Issues

Destovi
- 20th March 2008, 02:54
Hello, I have been working on the PKE system offered by microchip, I built the circuit and I went to build the source code offered by microchip and when it compiled it in MPlab the base station gave me 40 errors and the transponder gave me 5 errors, I don't have a lot of experience with this code and I just had expected it to work as it, I was hoping that someone could try building it in their compiler and see if it works and if it does just save me the hex files so I can write to my PIC's if this is a possibility please let me know

thanks

code is found here:

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1999&ty=&dty=&section=&NextRow=&ssUserText=AN1024

mackrackit
- 20th March 2008, 04:27
When the zip file from microchip is unpacked, in the subdirectories "output" there are hex files.
Have you tried those?

Destovi
- 20th March 2008, 12:42
I hadn't noticed that those were there, do you think that would be the compiled project .hex file? I mean I don't see what else it could be I just didn't think that would be provided, thank you very much for noticing that I will try that today

mackrackit
- 20th March 2008, 12:48
I do not know if they are complete or not. Would be worth a try.
I did try to build the project but ran into problems myself in generating a hex. Not sure why.
Let us know how it goes.

Destovi
- 20th March 2008, 13:32
I am just on my way to the lab this morning, I am going to attempt to program this code into the PICs in my circuit I will post back later and let you know if that .hex file was complete.

thanks again Dave

Mike