PDA

View Full Version : rfPIC Project without using the dev board

Destovi
- 11th March 2008, 17:54
I am currently working on a rfPIC project but I don't want to use the dev board as my final design will be put on a PCB board. I want to build the circuits for the chips myself and program them also, I am just wondering if anyone has done this and can provide some assistance

thanks in advance

mackrackit
- 11th March 2008, 20:01
Which dev board and programmer are you using? What are you wanting to duplicate?

But the answer is yes. it can be done.

Destovi
- 11th March 2008, 22:00
I am not using a dev board, just breadboarding the two PICs and wiring in the components I will be using the pic kit programmer with mp lab. I don't need a complex design. all I want to do is transmit data like 1 meter and be able to detect when the data has been successfully transmitted.

mackrackit
- 11th March 2008, 22:31
OK, I think I got it. You want to make your own circuit board, soldered together and put in a box.

If this is correct let us know. I do not want to post a how to and not answer your question.

Destovi
- 11th March 2008, 22:52
yes I think you got it, I have all the components, resistors, wires, and everything and I want to wire up the circuit myself, I have the rfPIC and RXD receiver as well as different PIC micros if they are needed. Once I have made the circuits I want to program them to send data from the rfPIC to the RXD and when it is received I want to turn on a led, once this led is turned on I can figure out how to attach that rxd output pin to the microprocessor and do whatever else I need. I am just a bit confused on the circuits and programming needed to do this.

thank you very much for your time in helping me out with this project.

mackrackit
- 12th March 2008, 00:01
Start off by reading this and I will see if I can find some more info latter.

http://www.microchip.com/Stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1824&appnote=en012044

Destovi
- 12th March 2008, 02:09
thank you very much for this Dave I thought I had looked at everything on microchips site but I missed this. Appendix A is very helpful as for the transmitter device. also as I dont need the pressure sensing part or the LF part this will be a very small circuit which is great.
I am very greatful for this information, if you have some time and can assist on the receiving end (RXD) or the code as well that would be great.

Thanks again

mackrackit
- 12th March 2008, 15:50
I think at this point you would benefit from getting the CD from Bruce.
http://www.rentron.com/QRELAY.htm
I do not have it , but if it is like Bruce's other stuff it should get you going and then some.

Should save you time and headaches.

Then when you have a specific problem you will be able to get direct answers.
Now we are going with general questions that will take forever on the forum.

But I have a question for you. What other projects have you done. This is a tough one to start with if you do not have much experience.

Destovi
- 12th March 2008, 16:22
I am in my graduate year of electrical engineering and am just wanting to try to do some rf work on the side. I have no problem building the circuits, I have just not programmed the rfPIC or the RXD so I was just hoping to get some assistance with the code needed to program both.

skimask
- 12th March 2008, 16:51
I am in my graduate year

I have just not programmed the rfPIC or the RXD so I was just hoping to get some assistance with the code needed to program both.
So, you haven't written any programs for ANY PICs yet?
If not, you've got a ways to go...
What have you built and/or programmed so far?

Destovi
- 12th March 2008, 19:40
sorry I wasn't very clear I have programmed pics before that's how I found out about rfPICs I have buit a coaxial cable measuring tool, line followers, and iIR distance measurer just haven't worked with the rfPIC