PDA

View Full Version : IDEC SmartRelay

schlaray
- 22nd February 2008, 17:17
Has anyone out there had any experience with the IDEC SmartRelays? At first look they have a very attractive package.
Schlaray.

skimask
- 22nd February 2008, 17:22
Has anyone out there had any experience with the IDEC SmartRelays? At first look they have a very attractive package.
Schlaray.

First thought...
How is an IDEC SmartRelay related to the PicBasicPro topic?

Second thought...
First glance, looks pretty neat, don't have a use for one at the moment, but wouldn't mind having one to play with. Need to find a datasheet to read up on it a bit...
Last thing I did where I needed high current switch capability...ok...don't laugh too hard at this one...
I took a couple of servo's and a couple of heavy duty lamp switches, a PIC, a small wall wart transformer connected to the power input, a small 4cell NiMH batt pack...a fair sized box...Any idea where I'm going with this?
Yep...the PIC controlled the servo's which in turn, thru a linkage, moved the switches back and forth...Flawless...complete isolation...And a completely hick way of doing it...but it worked...

schlaray
- 22nd February 2008, 17:43
The connection is a possible substitute or alternate approach to complete a project.
Schlaray.

skimask
- 22nd February 2008, 17:51
The connection is a possible substitute or alternate approach to complete a project.
Schlaray.

Are the IDEC's cheaper/faster/stronger/longer or are the original parts/methods otherwise unobtainable (is that a word? :) )? (I ask because I run into the same type of thing practically everyday)

schlaray
- 23rd February 2008, 01:13
The package is self contained and approved by many agencies. The programming is done in graphic mode and they provide many functions. It would eliminate the need to build a circuit board in many cases. Information can be found at:
www.clrwtr.com/Idec_Smartrelay.pdf
I just was wondering if anyone else had played with this device.
Schlaray.