xobx
- 12th February 2008, 23:48
Can you make ICSP wireless?
If, how?

skimask
- 13th February 2008, 00:03
Can you make ICSP wireless?
If, how?

PIC with a Bootloader re-programmed over a wireless serial link...
PIC with a bootloader re-programmed over a 802.11b/g/n link...
PIC with a bootloader re-programmed over a (it's fairly new and I'm not sure of it's implementation or even if it's possible) Wireless USB link...
In any case, has to be a bi-directional link...
You can have 2 out of 3 here, Cheap, Easy, Good
Cheap and Easy, won't be good...
Easy and Good, won't be cheap...
Good and Cheap, won't be easy...

Bruce
- 13th February 2008, 00:23
Wireless boot-loading is easy. It's not cheap though. Wireless in-circuit programming would be a nice challenge.

You need Vpp, clock and data on the receiving end, so you'll pretty much need a bi-directional link from PC to a
remote device programmer with a few custom goodies in the mix.

skimask
- 13th February 2008, 00:31
Wireless boot-loading is easy. It's not cheap though. Wireless in-circuit programming would be a nice challenge.

There ya go, Easy and Good, but not Cheap.

If the receiving circuit already had it's own power, should be a piece of cake to add a small boost converter for Vpp unless of course the PIC had been CONFIG'd for LVP in the first place.
I didn't see any bi-directional modules on your site, but I'd guess a 'speak only when spoken to' type setup using the modules on your site might not be out of the question.
A wireless module that would, in essence, sit on the ICSP pins like a PICKIT2 does?
This sounds like a bit of fun...except that a person is reinventing the wheel...with all of the various programming spec's out there for the PICs.

Bruce
- 13th February 2008, 01:23
Hi Ski,

You can use a couple pair of transmitter/receiver modules to slap together a bi-directional link. If you know what you're doing..;o}

We'll have the new Linx Technologies LT series transceivers here shortly, so I'll give the wireless loader thing another go when I get time.

My 1st shot was a pair of rather expensive transceivers, but I think I can make it happen with the much less expensive stuff. Just have to find the time. A modified version of the Tiny loader should be nice since it's free.

I've done a wireless loader with our Fyre-Fly IR transceivers too. That was fun.