PDA

View Full Version : Picmate

ruijc
- 31st January 2008, 11:08
Hi all,

Does anyone know why picmate does not compile lines such as :

@ __CONFIG _CONFIG1, _CP_OFF & _CCP1_RB3 & _DEBUG_OFF & _WRT_PROTECT_OFF & _CPD_OFF & _LVP_OFF & _BODEN_ON & _MCLR_ON & _PWRTE_ON & _WDT_ON & _INT_OSC

@ __CONFIG _CONFIG2, _IESO_OFF & _FCMEN_ON

If i include these lines it will generate an error while compiling.

Thanks

duncan303
- 31st January 2008, 18:28
Hi,

Have a look at Melanie's post about Presetting Configuration Fuses in the frequently asked questions section.

what reference to the error is given?, sometimes that helps to search the forum by a specific error code

HTH

Duncan

ruijc
- 31st January 2008, 20:03
Hello Duncan,

thanks for the help ;)

the error i get is :

[235] Opcode expected instead of '_Config'.

I'm sure that this line is working since i copyed from a sample program for the same pic ( 16F88 ).

duncan303
- 1st February 2008, 11:16
Hi

I'm sure that this line is working since i copyed from a sample program for the same pic ( 16F88 ).

but the line is clearly not working for some reason, because it produces an error :D

if you type this Opcode expected site: picbasic.co.uk into google then you should get a bunch of references to this.

have a look I am pretty sure one of the previous posts will help answer your question.

HTH

Duncan

paul borgmeier
- 1st February 2008, 11:50
Random thoughts ...

Have you told PICMATE to use MPASM rather than PM?
If yes, have you commented out the __CONFIG stuff in the 16f88.inc file in PBP folder?
Have you tried not setting the __CONFIG stuff in the program but rather in the inc file or at hex load time?
Does PICMATE offer any more on the errors? 235 does not show up on the MPASM list so it may be coming from PM or PICMATE.
Have you tried compiling directly (without PICMATE)?

ruijc
- 1st February 2008, 12:57
Thanks all,

Strange that, when i enter the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions section i only see 3 threads.

BUT

i did find Melanie's thread about fuses ( using the search option ) and read it.

And it turns out that Pic mate needs to have a diferent type of code to work.

All i have to do is to stick with the PM code structure for fuses.

Thanks again ;)

paul borgmeier
- 1st February 2008, 13:47
Thanks all,

Strange that, when i enter the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions section i only see 3 threads.

At the bottom of the FAQ section you should see DISPLAY OPTIONS - pick 'from the beginning'

to see all.

OH, that pesky PM - glad you found it