PDA

View Full Version : Use PIC18F2450 receiving a image from usb camera or webcame

trungkien_a2
- 25th January 2008, 03:34
I want to receive a image from webcame by PIC for image processing ( my project use less speed and memory)
can i do? i don't know anything about but i can learn later
thanks a lot!!!

skimask
- 25th January 2008, 04:08
I want to receive a image from webcame by PIC for image processing ( my project use less speed and memory)
can i do? i don't know anything about but i can learn later
thanks a lot!!!

There's a working camera project over at www.sparkfun.com. Don't know much about it, haven't looked into it, but somebody got one to work somewhere, somehow...
Otherwise, a USB enabled PIC (such as the '2450) is not a USB host. Can't drive a webcam, or most other devices with it. You can only connect that sort of PIC to a Host, such as a PC.

mister_e
- 25th January 2008, 07:42
Never messed with USB cam, but i think one day UsbWiz would be a nice prospect for that.

Q: What devices have you tried USBwiz with?
A: Many! We have hundreds of customers using it with many devices such as: USB thumb drives, USB hard drives, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB joystick, USB printer, USB modem, USB cell phone, any USB device that use FTDI, USB memory card reader, SD cards and MMC cards. We haven't stopped yet! We are currently working on USB GPS, USB prolific chipset, USB webcam, USB WiFi and more!

MAX3421, Cypress? Worth to look over there. It's not going to be a easy one... Not sure if doable at all with 18F.. but yeah i never messed with Webcam, and i don't know how you need to do that. Sounds more a PC application to me, unless i missed something.