PDA

View Full Version : Help MCS with PICKIT2 programmer question

luminas
- 24th January 2008, 10:55
I use Pickit2 for ICSP programming.

When I use it directly to my board ( with PICKIT2 programmer software ) everything run well.

But when I use it inside MCS ( Compile and Program ) it hold the PIC on reset at the end of programming ( similar to condition when you tick the option "Programmer-Hold Device in Reset" on Pickit2 software) . Manual reset does not work, so I have to run the PICKIT2 programmer software to reset it.

How to fix this problem ? Thank you

I use following on MCS :
PK2CMD.EXE v1.01
Device File v1.41.00
PICkit 2 Firmware v2.10.00

mister_e
- 24th January 2008, 21:14
How your command line looks like?

luminas
- 25th January 2008, 03:11
Hello Mr.E,

This is my command line: -PPIC$target-device$ /f$hex-filename$ /M

mister_e
- 25th January 2008, 07:22
Open the PK2CMD.txt file, then use this one
/PPIC$target-device$ /f$hex-filename$ /E /M /Y /R /H2

about now?

luminas
- 25th January 2008, 07:55
Thanks Mr.E, I just tried that, but the problem is still there.

I also tried to program the board with external power on and power off, it seems that PICKIT2 does not release the control after programming, so nothing happen if I push reset button on mclr pin or when the power is turned off then back on

mister_e
- 25th January 2008, 07:59
It works here... can you post your schematic, code and PIC#?

luminas
- 26th January 2008, 10:45
My program , schematic & circuit board are okay, I can program it directly with Pickit2 Programmer (MCS -> Compile to hex (F9) -> Pickit2 Programmer software -> Pickit 2 ), with no problem at all.

Other thing is that I cannot calibrate Pickit2 , it says it cannot fully calibrate the unit, the USB voltage is too low. Could it be the problem ?

Dick Ivers
- 29th January 2008, 00:39
Go to Microchip Support:
http://support.microchip.com/scripts/slxweb.dll/external?name=webticketcust
They will fix your problem.

luminas
- 1st February 2008, 05:43
Well, it seems that it is the "bug" that microchip has to address . It is also mentioned in Nuts/Volt magazine January 2008 page 69

mvs_sarma
- 1st February 2008, 17:57
Well, it seems that it is the "bug" that microchip has to address . It is also mentioned in Nuts/Volt magazine January 2008 page 69

what firmware you use for Pickit2? if you can download and use latest from MPLAB8.01 , perhaps you may find a fixed version? similarly do you use pickit2v2.4 software for the PICkit driver?