PDA

View Full Version : MCSP - Cannot find include file

Andy Wood
- 21st January 2008, 00:09
Hello,

I had an OS crash with my laptop the other day and subsequently had to do a reload. I have re-installed MSCP, PBP and MPLAB.

Now when I try to compile, i get a multitude of errors - the first line says:

Error[105]c:\pbp\18f6520.inc 19 : Cannot open file (Include File "P18F6520.INC" not found)

I have checked the include file does actually exist in the c:\pbp folder. I think the rest of the errors are due to the include file not being found.

I also tried another program with a 16F88 and I get a similar result.

I have checked the path to the compiler and assembler are correct under "Compile and Program Options" within MCSP.

I have tried to unistall and re-install MCSP, PBP and MPLAB a few times now and I still get the error. I feel I have missed something somewhere - can anyone help out?

MCSP 3.0.0.0
PBP 2.46
MPLAB 7.11

Thanks,

Andy

Darrel Taylor
- 21st January 2008, 00:46
Error[105]c:\pbp\18f6520.inc 19 : Cannot open file (Include File "P18F6520.INC" not found)

I have checked the include file does actually exist in the c:\pbp folder. ...
Hi Andy,

If it's in your PBP folder, then it's in the wrong place.

P18F6520.INC should be in the C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite folder. (unless you installed it in a different location)

I have checked the path to the compiler and assembler are correct under "Compile and Program Options" within MCSP.
Is the assembler pointing to the same folder as above?

Sometimes using the find automatically button will find the wrong one.
<br>

Andy Wood
- 21st January 2008, 01:16
Hi Andy,

If it's in your PBP folder, then it's in the wrong place.

P18F6520.INC should be in the C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite folder. (unless you installed it in a different location)

Is the assembler pointing to the same folder as above?

Sometimes using the find automatically button will find the wrong one.
<br>

Darrell - you are correct! (again!). The "find automatically" didn't. Now that it is pointing to the correct folder it is all working as it should. Thanks a million for your help - I owe you a beer or two..........

Andy

Darrel Taylor
- 21st January 2008, 01:37
WooHoo! Lucky guess.

But I'll still take the Beer. :D
<br>