PDA

View Full Version : PBASIC Beginners help!!

ian713
- 15th January 2008, 18:41
HI, I hope I have found myself in the right place, and apologise if I have found the wrong thread....

I am looking for some very basic programming help for PBASIC for university exam (i'm from Scotland) I'm sitting on thursday morning...didn't realise we had to learn actual code!

The questions and programs are very simple, a few lines at most, but I'm struggling to get mmy head round it. I'll list a couple of examples and if anyone could fid a little time to help that would be superb, I'd really appreciate it (even if anyone has any suggested links where learning such programming can be done by novices like me!)

Thanks for the help

1. 'The status of all 8 I/O lines on a Basic Stamp 1 is to be read. Write a PBASIC program which reads the status of the input lines and stores in byte 1'

2. a Basic Stamp 1 has pushbuttons with pulldown resistor connected to pin 3 of its I/O port and LED's connected active high to the remaining pins. write a program to turn off the LED's when the program starts and turn them back on as soon as the button is first pressed. No further action is required. You must configure inputs and outputs correctly'

I hope this makes some sort of sense and someone might be able to give a bit of advice! thanks for ur time!

skimask
- 15th January 2008, 19:05
HI, I hope I have found myself in the right place, and apologise if I have found the wrong thread....
Yep, found the wrong forum...close...very close...but still wrong.

I am looking for some very basic programming help for PBASIC for university exam (i'm from Scotland) I'm sitting on thursday morning...didn't realise we had to learn actual code!
Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

The questions and programs are very simple, a few lines at most, but I'm struggling to get mmy head round it. I'll list a couple of examples and if anyone could fid a little time to help that would be superb, I'd really appreciate it (even if anyone has any suggested links where learning such programming can be done by novices like me!)
Basic Stamps - www.Parallax.com - never used them, can't be specific, but download the manuals and you might get somewhere.

1. 'The status of all 8 I/O lines on a Basic Stamp 1 is to be read.......
2. a Basic Stamp 1 has pushbuttons with pulldown resistor.....
Both items are basically generic and easily done I'm sure, but again, haven't used the Stamps, don't know the exact syntax, and I'm not going to lead you down the wrong path.
I'm sure the Basic Stamp instruction booklet has your answers. And I'm sure it'll be just that much easier if you've got any programming experience at all once you see the book.

ian713
- 15th January 2008, 19:36
Cheers! (sorry bout the poor forum thread choice ) Yeah, last minute it is lol! we've got the rest of the stuff almost sorted, just the program writing...thanks for the advice, I've been scouting about parallax.com here and there all day, hopefully going to come across something I recognise soon...! Anyone else who has any sort of clue about this would be helpful to hear from you still though! cheers

mackrackit
- 15th January 2008, 20:05
http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/stamps/web-BSM-v2.2.pdf

ian713
- 16th January 2008, 00:17
thanks mackrakit, looks really helpful too!

thanks!

Bruce
- 16th January 2008, 16:58
Why not simply post the question on the Parallax BASIC Stamp forum?