PDA

View Full Version : Problem to connect with 18F2550

Kacto
- 11th January 2008, 18:17
Hi everydody, I'm new here. I tried to made a project with thie 18F2250 and i had a problem. My computer does not recognized my device as a Human Interface Device. Donīt know why. Could anyone help me? I used the code that easyhid gives you, and I build up a simple circuit to use with the pic(image attached). Any help will be well recived. Sorry if my english is not so good.

skimask
- 11th January 2008, 18:35
I tried to made a project with thie 18F2250 and i had a problem.
What kind of project? A nuclear reactor controller? I don't know...

My computer does not recognized my device as a Human Interface Device.
Oh...it must be some sort of USB project...

Donīt know why. Could anyone help me? I used the code that easyhid gives you, and I build up a simple circuit to use with the pic(image attached). Any help will be well recived.
Don't know either. Can't see any code, don't know what sort of compiler is being used, which version, and so on and so on.

Sorry if my english is not so good.
English is fine, method of describing your problem isn't.

2 words...
Search engine...
2 more words...
Use the keywords 'PIC18F2550' and 'USB' in that search engine.

Kacto
- 11th January 2008, 18:46
I am using the easyhid wich generates two codes, one for picbasic pro and another one for visual basic 6.0, i am using the art2003 programmer (becuase it is very easy to build) with the software winpic 800. I burned the pic with the easyhid code and there were no errors. Then I mounted my pic on the board and plugged and it appears an error that says that my usb device is not working properly or is not recognized (something like that). Donīt know why. I'm using a 12 Mhz oscilator. I checked and re-checked everything on the circuit and seems to be okay.

skimask
- 11th January 2008, 18:53
Donīt know why. I'm using a 12 Mhz oscilator. I checked and re-checked everything on the circuit and seems to be okay.

And again, Use that search button up top, use the keywords 'PIC18F2550' and 'USB'.
There's a nice long thread out that talks all about various reasons why a PC won't recognize a USB item based on a PIC18F2550 (or it's close relatives).

Kacto
- 11th January 2008, 19:56
Thanks skimask for the quick answer, i found out that someone had the same problem and said it was something about the fuses ("OK, seem to have that issue sorted now, it actually was something to do with the programming fuses.") what i really dont know is how to know wich are the ones that should be on.