PDA

View Full Version : D cell "fake" battery

Christopher4187
- 17th December 2007, 17:35
Hi,

I am trying to locate where I can purchase a "fake" d cell battery. If you are not sure what I am referring to, it's a d cell battery except that there is nothing inside except a solid jumper. Does anyone know where I can purchase these? They have d cell adapters on the internet but I don't want an adapter, I just want a shell with a jumper inside. E-bay and Google yielded no results.

Thanks,

Chris

skimask
- 17th December 2007, 19:50
Hi,
I am trying to locate where I can purchase a "fake" d cell battery. If you are not sure what I am referring to, it's a d cell battery except that there is nothing inside except a solid jumper. Does anyone know where I can purchase these? They have d cell adapters on the internet but I don't want an adapter, I just want a shell with a jumper inside. E-bay and Google yielded no results.
Thanks,
Chris

How 'bout a wooden dowel with some tabs epoxied to each end with a wire running thru a hole drilled in the middle of it?

Dave
- 17th December 2007, 21:01
Christopher4187, I have seen in the past "D" cell adapters for "AA" and "C" cells. Perhaps one of those with a jumper soldered internal would do......

Dave Purola,
N8NTA

Christopher4187
- 17th December 2007, 21:20
Dave,

Yeah, I saw those too. In fact, I ordered some myself just to see if they would work for what I need them for. I'd prefer the one I was referring to in my first post but I guess if there is no other ones out there, the adapters may have to do.

Chris

Luciano
- 17th December 2007, 22:48
Hi,

"Dummy batteries".

D size Dummy batteries:
http://www.wholesale-flashlight.com/index.php/cPath/1242/category/DUMMY-Batteries

Best regards,

Luciano

Christopher4187
- 18th December 2007, 17:12
Should have used "dummy" instead of "fake" when searching! Thanks!