PDA

View Full Version : Diseqc control anyone ?

RFsolution
- 2nd December 2007, 23:06
Hi

I was wondering if someone has already made a project to control a 2 or 4 way diseqc
antenna switch

As i dont want to reinvent "the wheel" maybe someone can share his project

Thanks

F1CHF
- 4th August 2016, 16:52
HI ... RF solution ..
It seems that nobody has done something on this subject (DISECQ commands from a PIC)
Do you find "a solution" ?
thanks
Francois F1CHF

Scampy
- 4th August 2016, 17:54
I doubt you would get a reply unless the OP still receives notifications as his last post was back in 2014.

CuriousOne
- 9th August 2016, 06:59
I have done it once using soundcard, not PBP :)

F1CHF
- 9th August 2016, 09:20
Thnks for the replies
Yes it seems that nobody has done something via a PIC solution
I found some example but with Arduino.
Objective is to have a Disecq transmitter not for sat station or LNB
but to program some switchs or drive (and control) an Antenna rotator !
the hardware link could be an ordinary coaxial (power and 22 Khz Disecq)
as usual, it is a project ... number xx ... hi !!!
Francois F1CHF

CuriousOne
- 9th August 2016, 09:36
There are some speciality devices, which can do that.

F1CHF
- 9th August 2016, 09:46
some details please ....
thanks

HenrikOlsson
- 9th August 2016, 12:50
Hi,
Am I correct in that "all it is" a 22kHz carrier modulated 0.5ms ON, 1.0ms OFF for a logic one and 1.0ms ON, 0.5ms ON for logic zero? How critical is the 22kHz and how critical is the on/off times?

Doesn't sound too hard to do with a PIC, much like a IR remote. The CCP moudle can generate a 22kHz tone which you can modulate with software by simply truning the signal on and off. You need external filter and attenutation+buffer to get the 0.65V peak-to-peak sinewave carrier.

With that said, I've got no experience with Diseqc, this is the firts time I've looked at it.

/Henrik.

mark_s
- 9th August 2016, 16:49
I think this PDF has enough information to create a PBP encoder/decoder. Like Henrik said, it looks a lot like IR remote control format. Very low bit rate.

http://www.eutelsat.com/files/contributed/satellites/pdf/Diseqc/Reference%20docs/bus_spec.pdf

F1CHF
- 9th August 2016, 17:36
yes you are right, seems similar to IR protocol
Henri what do you mean bye "The CCP moudle can generate a 22kHz"
there are two options : External 22 Khz generator or if the pic is free, have a process to do that ..
They said "nominal 22 kHz (±20 %)" so a simple NE555 could be OK

I must make a prototype, as I have some Disecq LNB switch to test, I will be able to verify
problem is to fond some more time !
This was the first objective of my first message "already done by somebody" hi ...
Thanks
Francois

HenrikOlsson
- 9th August 2016, 18:38
The CCP module can be setup to generate a 22kHz squarewave. Use an external filter to turn it into a sine and attenutate it 650mV, then use a rail-to-rail OP-Amp to buffer it and (I'm guessing) AC-couple it onto the coax. Then it's just a matter of turning the CCP module on and off with the correct timings to get the signal out.

I don't know, you may be able to just attenuate and AC-couple the square wave directly onto the cable.

Do you have a PIC already that you wanted to use?

CuriousOne
- 10th August 2016, 06:42
Devices like this can be used for this task:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SatLink-WS-6923-LCD-DVB-S-Professional-Digital-Satellite-Signal-Finder-Meter-FTA-/291539460110?hash=item43e11b200e:g:TR0AAOSwc1FXbKj D

Also, as I said, I've generated diseqc commands in sound editor. Then recorded to phone, and built simple circuit to allow it to be transferred to switch.