PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor box

The Master
- 27th November 2007, 13:48
Hi. Im making a circuit that will run outdoor mains equipment. The box has to be completely sealed and allow Mains wire in/out, Data cable in/out plus 8 wires for the equipment. What is the best way of doing this? Waterproof sockets are way too expensive. I thought about IEC sockets with a waterproof box around them but i cant seem to find any of those boxes. I could just have the wires going directly into my box but they have to be easily removable and they might not all be in use at the same time

Any ideas?

jmgelba
- 1st December 2007, 03:28
What kind of data cable are you using? My dad just put a waterproof box in his garden for some fountain water pump or something (havent seen it.) He went to B&Q or equivalent and picked an off the shelf sealed electrical box with included moulded cable shrouds that allow you to pass through standard 2 plus earth cable and seal it.

The Master
- 1st December 2007, 10:53
Ahh. Sorry. I forgot about this thread. Origionally i wanted a box for my circuit with waterproof sockets but that proved to be too expensive. I did go to B&Q and they had some boxes near the x-mas section. The boxes are really big but i can take these down when i dont need them. They also come with a 4-way extension but i dont need that. The boxes i got cost £20 each. The waterproof sockets i wanted cost £60 per box.

Thanx anyway for your reply