PDA

View Full Version : Single PIC As Both, Wireless Transmitter and Receiver

charlieb83
- 21st November 2007, 16:04
Hi,

Just curious if anyone has used a TWS-434 RF module and a RWS-434 RF module on single PIC? In other words, I'd like 1 PIC to be both, a transmitter and a receiver.
Or possibly, are there any transmitter/receiver modules out there that are in a single package?

Currently, I have a 16F877 setup as a transmiter with a TWS-434 sending data to a 12F675 setup as a receiver with a RWS-434. Everything is working perfectly now, but I'd like to have the 12F675 respond, or send data back to the 16F877 when asked.
The 16F877 is hooked up to a PC and receives commands from a Visual Basic program. The 16F877 then sends appropriate commands to the 12F675.
The 16F877 is essentially the master, so the 12F675 would only transmit if it was asked.
Just wondering if there are any precautions or problems that I may encounter before I go about trying to setup.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated... Thanks.

dhouston
- 21st November 2007, 17:05
You will probably need to remove power from the receiver while transmitting. These superregenerative receivers put out a lot of noise which can affect nearby transmitters. I've used them as translator/repeaters, receiving on one frequency and sending on another, allowing control of things like ceiling fans from an RF capable Pronto but, unless the transmitter and receiver were separated by several feet (or the receiver powered down), it would not work. I was using just a transmitter and receiver with no PIC so did not have the option of powering down the receiver.

charlieb83
- 21st November 2007, 19:14
Thanks Dave.
Good point. I was worried about interference between the receiver and transmitter being so close. I'll give it try.... Thanks.

Jerson
- 22nd November 2007, 04:35
Yes I have done that. However, I have used separate frequencies for the transmitter and receiver. Transmitter is at 434MHz and receiver is 413Mhz(not sure) on one PIC and reversed on the other PIC.