PDA

View Full Version : Migration Issues 16F876 to 18F2525

ronjodu
- 17th November 2007, 17:08
As mentioned I am moving from a 16F876 to 18F2525.
I get a compile error 113(Symbol not previously defined) _XINST_OFF_4L.

Been thru several threads and went round and round with the .inc files for the 18f2525 but the solution hasn't jumped out at me. I am using "Instant Interrupts".

Is there a short answer to my problem? or should I continue with the thread search?

I've included the code. It's quite chopped up because it's just snippetts to test some MAX6957 LED drivers I'm trying to use.

As always, thanks in advance for any and all replies........

Acetronics2
- 17th November 2007, 17:56
Hi,

Sorry, but compiles Ok with PbP 2.50 and MPLAB 8.0 ...

Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB IDE\PBP\PBPW.EXE" -ampasmwin -oq -z -p18F2525 "blinky5.bas"
PICBASIC PRO(TM) Compiler 2.50, (c) 1998, 2007 microEngineering Labs, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Loaded C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB IDE\Projets\blinky5.COD.
BUILD SUCCEEDED: Sat Nov 17 18:53:19 2007

May be some update to do ??? or reload MPLAB.

Alain

ronjodu
- 17th November 2007, 18:27
Havn't upgraded to 2.5 yet. Still on 2.47 with MCSP 3.0. I did get the newer version of MPASM but that didn't help.

I'll grab my plastic money and send Bruce the upgrade order. I think he provided my last upgrade.

Thanks for the quick reply..

mister_e
- 17th November 2007, 20:24
While getting the last PBP version is good and still cheap, i don't think it solve the problem as it has nothing to do with PBP but MPASM.

You need to open p18f2525.inc file in MPASM Suite directory and and look at the bottom where all config fuses are defined. If you don't find it, you have a faulty file.

Could also be a typo mistake I could be a 1

Make sure the right path is set for the last MPASM version. You may need to point manually MCS to the right path.

ronjodu
- 17th November 2007, 21:19
Lets keep this our secret. I told my wife this was a "must have" upgrade to continue using the software. Already ordered from MCUmart(original supplier).

I looked at the .inc file and found 2 versions in 2 seperate MPASM Suites. Both versions were different. Must be my screwup when upgrading. I've removed 2 old versions of MPLABs and will install the new version next.
Hope this helps..

ronjodu
- 17th November 2007, 21:59
After cleaning up all my garbage and reloading MPLAB 8 I compile to the same error.

Not sure what to try next.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

mister_e
- 17th November 2007, 22:04
paste your pbp code, mpasm file and pbp .inc file here

Did you manually point MCS to your new MPASM folder?

ronjodu
- 17th November 2007, 22:30
Thanks for the help Steve. I had MCS pointing to the wrong folder.
It now compiles without errors. The code doesn't work yet but I think it's just setup for the interrupt. Time to RTFM... for the 18F2525.

mister_e
- 17th November 2007, 22:38
<table><tr><td>http://www.mister-e.org/Pics/monster-dance.gif</td><td>Hehe sh*t happen. Don't worry, i'm not going to tell your wife... 'till you have the software in your hands :D</td><td>http://www.mister-e.org/Pics/monster-dance.gif</td></tr></table>