PDA

View Full Version : Sharing of PIC BASIC PRO...

simransingh
- 3rd November 2007, 12:49
Suppose that we three people contribute money to buy one copy of pic basic pro...

Then can we install it on our respective computers...

I hope you'll contribute your answers...

Regards,

Simran..

chuck
- 3rd November 2007, 13:00
Suppose that we three people contribute money to buy one copy of pic basic pro...

Then can we install it on our respective computers...

I hope you'll contribute your answers...

Regards,

Simran..

I would say no because of copy right laws, IF it was ok and everybody did it PBP would not exist

I would recomend you all save up for it and buy it if you can't afford it then one does wonder how you can afford to buy the parts for your projects :-)

Melanie
- 3rd November 2007, 22:01
This forum is NOT the legal representative of the manufacturer, and if you have a query regarding the purchase, licencing or use of any software, then we suggest you contact the manufacturer directly at www.melabs.com

The licence gives you the right to use ONE copy of the software on ONE computer AT A TIME. If you wish to form a co-operative and purchase the software jointly, then you are free to do so provided only ONE copy of the software is installed and used on ONE computer by ONE member of the co-operative AT A TIME.

By your logic, if the whole world jointly contributed a fraction of the purchase price of only ONE copy, then the whole populous would jointly be entitled to use that ONE copy without restriction. Get real.

If a co-operative buys a hammer, or screwdriver or tractor, then that item can only be used by one member of the co-operative at a given time. Software is exactly the same as any other tangible purchase. Just because digital (or analogue) media on a tape, or disc or other distributable form is easily copied and distributed, it does not automatically give anyone the right (either legally or morally) to do so.

If you are an honourable person Mr Singh - as I am sure you are - you would want to properly and legally acquire and use your software or indeed any other items. Anything other than that is plain DECEPTION and THEFT regardless how you would want to dress the result to justify this in front of your God, religion, or just your personal conscience.

simransingh
- 5th November 2007, 05:04
This forum is NOT the legal representative of the manufacturer, and if you have a query regarding the purchase, licencing or use of any software, then we suggest you contact the manufacturer directly at www.melabs.com

Mam your every word is true... and i respect these...

I'll be happy if you believe me... either myself does not like to do this....

But this was the question asked to me by my boss... and i have to give answer...

Mam,

I want you to accept my regards as this thing might not happen again...

Regards,

Simran...

Acetronics2
- 5th November 2007, 12:32
Hi, Mel

<< Mam your every word is true... and i respect these... >>

I do not know if it is OUR "Simransingh" ...

but a look here is quite interesting ...

lol : http://www.picbasic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8506

One step further :

http://rahulhackingarticles.wetpaint.com/page/Convert+any+Software+%22Registered%22.

Google sometimes help !

And the top of the top is here :

http://rahulhackingarticles.wetpaint.com/page/DOWNLOADS

Alain

Melanie
- 5th November 2007, 13:52
It doesn't actually matter Alain...

We've all heard all the arguments ranging from "They are rich and we are poor", to "Bill Gates has enough money anyway"...

Ultimately it comes down to personal pride and self-respect.

Is it right to steal from another mans table (irrespective if he is rich or poor)? To feed your family if they were sick and starving might be a last resort and might have some moral justification, but it's not about that. Nobody rips-off copies of PBP, or downloads mp3's from Limewire or movies from TorrentPortal in order to feed their family.

You're not clever enough to do your own, so steal from someone else who is. You're not honourable enough to buy it, listen to it or watch it legitimately because stealing is so much cheaper.

It doesn't matter if it's PICBasic, Microsoft Office or an mp3 of The Beatles Greatest Hits. If you're willing to debase yourself to the level of a common theif, to deprive others of their labours for your own ends, then it speaks volumes about your character. Ultimately the price you pay is not nescessarily monetary...

simransingh
- 6th November 2007, 05:09
I am sorry...

I realise that people like us cause damage to other people unknowingly... just for paying less...

I feel Guilty... It is not that i dont have enough money.. I have...

Atleast i am human and every human makes mistake until he realises...

I just want to say sorry and pardon me for this act...

Please Do reply...

Regards,

Simran...

Melanie
- 6th November 2007, 12:05
Hi Simran

I don’t 'normally' do absolution or forgiveness outside of strict confessional hours...

But, here’s a joint business proposition...

Let's create a non-denominational website (like this forum), whereby people can log-in (with an anonymous nickname) and confess their sins to the world... at the bottom of the page you can have a button called ‘absolution’ which would direct the user to an entry screen whereby they can check on/off various sins, murder, adultery, theft, etc etc, and when they have completed their entry the computer will determine a penalty and invite entry of the users Credit-Card details (secure server required). If the Card payment is successful, then absolution is granted. Disclaimer is required here that the grant of absolution is for relief of their own conscience and wallet only and should not be regarded as imunity from any future civil or criminal prosecution.

We can then split the proceeds between us and with the money we have earned we can go out into the world and do good deeds. Personally, my first good deed will be to buy a Hummer because I really feel the need to save the planet...

sayzer
- 6th November 2007, 12:59
Hi Simran

I don’t 'normally' do absolution or forgiveness outside of strict confessional hours...

But, here’s a joint business proposition...

Let's create a non-denominational website (like this forum), whereby people can log-in (with an anonymous nickname) and confess their sins to the world... at the bottom of the page you can have a button called ‘absolution’ which would direct the user to an entry screen whereby they can check on/off various sins, murder, adultery, theft, etc etc, and when they have completed their entry the computer will determine a penalty and invite entry of the users Credit-Card details (secure server required). If the Card payment is successful, then absolution is granted. Disclaimer is required here that the grant of absolution is for relief of their own conscience and wallet only and should not be regarded as imunity from any future civil or criminal prosecution.

We can then split the proceeds between us and with the money we have earned we can go out into the world and do good deeds. Personally, my first good deed will be to buy a Hummer because I really feel the need to save the planet...

Is this valid for all religions?

I am afraid it would not work for me. But, I would help for the design of the WEB page for it.

========================

Melanie
- 6th November 2007, 13:13
> I am afraid it would not work for me

You mean you've sinned so much you're beyond redemption?

Website better have a 'Gold-Card' standard (added disk compression) for those that have a lot to get off their chest....

Acetronics2
- 6th November 2007, 13:19
Hi, Sayzer

I think there already has been something for Muslims ... at the times when Americans were thrown out of IRAN, about 30 years ago,

I had ,a little GREEN book that was - Officially - an "additive to the Coran" ... and where all sort of sins, crimes and forbidden things ( and their adequate forgiving cost ... or days of jail ) where listed.

It was explained i.e. you must not enter your toilets with the left foot ahead, you must not have sex with goats ( costs a lot ! ), you must not look at your neighbour's wife ...

Will we raise the Web version ???

Alain

sayzer
- 6th November 2007, 13:23
Alain Alain,

Why don't you go ahead with the rest of the list a little?

---------------------

Acetronics2
- 6th November 2007, 13:31
Alain Alain,

Why don't you go ahead with the rest of the list a little?

---------------------

'cause there was no written punishment for the one who never brought my book back home ...

and overall ... cause some respect is due to everyone !!!

Alain

PS: you can find exerpts here : http://webf2246.ntx.net/FNB/Article/Khomeyni/Khomeyni.htm
sorry ... but written in French !!!

leisryan
- 8th November 2007, 01:24
Mam your every word is true... and i respect these...

I'll be happy if you believe me... either myself does not like to do this....

But this was the question asked to me by my boss... and i have to give answer...

Mam,

I want you to accept my regards as this thing might not happen again...

Regards,

Simran...

That's a greedy CORPORATE BOSS's "IN U'r Face" by MEL!!!

simransingh
- 12th November 2007, 04:52
That's a greedy CORPORATE BOSS's "IN U'r Face" by MEL!!!

Well,

Actually we want to become the dealer of this product... very simple...

Hence, we are interested for this...

Regards...

Acetronics2
- 12th November 2007, 08:33
Hi, Simran

You've a huge sense of humour ... that's a good point !!!

but will really be very hard to convince s/o here you really are honest-( freshly converted, as I understood ), as a sikh should ever had been ...

now, talking business ... You have to deal with MELABS and not with this forum ...

BYE -BYE !!!

Alain

PS: MY own point of view : very good idea to reach your goal ... you win another right to try !!!

simransingh
- 13th November 2007, 05:20
Hi, Simran

You've a huge sense of humour ... that's a good point !!!

but will really be very hard to convince s/o here you really are honest-( freshly converted, as I understood ), as a sikh should ever had been ... !!!

Well , we want to market this product and for this we have to consider price also... hence students will buy only when they can share because $ 250 is very high for some...

now, talking business ... You have to deal with MELABS and not with this forum ...!!!

We are in constant touch with them...