PDA

View Full Version : EasyHID not found

Josuetas
- 24th October 2007, 19:32
Hi. i downloaded easyHID a while ago, but now it doesn´t seem to be found in mecaniques page, does anybody know what happened? where can i find it?

rhino
- 24th October 2007, 20:04
Isn't it included in the latest version of MCS?

Josuetas
- 24th October 2007, 21:44
I don´t think so, not in mine 3.0.

rhino
- 27th October 2007, 15:26
From http://www.mecanique.co.uk/code-studio/

MicroCode Studio now includes EasyHID Wizard, a free code generation tool that enables a user to quickly implement bi-directional communication between an embedded PIC™ microcontroller and a PC.

Josuetas
- 28th October 2007, 16:42
Thanks Rihno found easyHID thanks to you.

By the way, have yo worked with easyHID? i have made a device following the sample by mister_e in this forum.

Now

I am trying to use the same device two times in my software, i think you should be able to add as many USB of my devices to use with the software. How do you manage each device or identify them? if they have same ID, etc. how can i make a handler for each one? I am using VB. thanks Again

Steve_88
- 11th November 2007, 02:32
So I have updated my paid version of MicroCode studio Plus and still i see no EasyHid?

Can I be enlightened please :)

mister_e
- 11th November 2007, 09:20
Why you do not contact David? [email protected]

Steve_88
- 11th November 2007, 16:41
Just figured others on here had the same problem, I'll drop him an email.
Thanks

RodSTAR
- 11th November 2007, 16:41
As I have always said: it is included in MicroCode Studio 3.0.0.5, and not in 3.0.0.0. Check the latest version. In the View menu -> "EasyHID USB Wizard"

hope it helped

mister_e
- 11th November 2007, 17:02
Even with this version installed on my system, but MCSP, EasyHid don't appear in the drop menu.

Steve_88
- 11th November 2007, 17:05
Thanks Star, I upgraded yesterday and my IDE shows version 3.0.0.5

But no sign of EasyHid anywhere

mister_e
- 11th November 2007, 19:25
try to install this one... (http://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/wiki/uploads/EasyHIDInstall.exe)

I don't think it will appear in the drop menu, but it should install EasyHID.

RodSTAR
- 11th November 2007, 20:03
If you have MCS 3.0.0.5, and EasyHid still doesn't appears in the "View" drop menu, maybe you could try to run it directly from installation folder
(usually C:\Program Files\Mecanique\MCS\EasyHID folder), executable file is EasyHID.exe

If it works, creating a shortcut would be nicer.

Steve_88
- 11th November 2007, 20:51
Thanks Steve and Rod,

I don't have any files that go with EasyHid (exe etc). Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I upgraded from a "black" MicroCode disk (fairly old)?

I'll drop Dave an email and see where that goes.

Thanks again,
Steve

Steve_88
- 17th November 2007, 19:19
So I heard from David regarding EasyHid and why I don't have it in my paid MicroCode StudioPlus version 3.0.0.5.

His reply,

"We are now only supplying EasyHID on CD ROM distributions of our software."

So I replied and asked if I need to repurchase my paid version of MicroCode Studio to get EasyHid......

Within a week or so I'll have another question for him ;)

Weird.........Am I the only one with a "Black disc version of MicroCode Studio"????

I'm feeling old........

mister_e
- 17th November 2007, 20:06
No you're not the only one.. i have that black CD as well :D

So far, i find it weird that our BlackCD version don't allow us to have it, it have been paid, registered to MecaniqueWebsite... so all upgrade should work unless, i'm sure David have another solution to come soon.

Kinda shocked to see that the FREE DEMO have it, but not the Black CD.. kind of racist stuff i guess LMAO... nah sure not.

Did you tried to download from the link i provided in post #12

RodSTAR
- 18th November 2007, 13:46
So I heard from David regarding EasyHid and why I don't have it in my paid MicroCode StudioPlus version 3.0.0.5.

His reply,

"We are now only supplying EasyHID on CD ROM distributions of our software."

So I replied and asked if I need to repurchase my paid version of MicroCode Studio to get EasyHid......

Within a week or so I'll have another question for him ;)

Weird.........Am I the only one with a "Black disc version of MicroCode Studio"????

I'm feeling old........

It looks/sounds/smells/feels like an Installer bug

Steve_88
- 18th November 2007, 22:01
Rod,

That is a fair guess indeed. Seems like they could of done a better job explaining things on their web site as well..............

-Steve

ChrisKiwi
- 20th May 2010, 06:02
Did you tried to download from the link i provided in post #12

I tried to install it and couldn't due to it "requiring a later version of the host application". My original CD was black also but updated to 3.0.0.5

Darrel Taylor
- 20th May 2010, 17:58
EasyHID won't install from the online-update.
But it is available in the free version of MicroCode Studio.
Both versions can be installed at the same time.

You can download it here (ver. 4.0.0.0) ...
http://melabs.com/resources/win_ide.htm

That version of EasyHID will only work with PBP 2.60 and later.
Previous versions of EasyHID will only work with versions PRIOR to 2.60.

ChrisKiwi
- 21st May 2010, 01:58
EasyHID won't install from the online-update.
But it is available in the free version of MicroCode Studio.
Both versions can be installed at the same time.

You can download it here (ver. 4.0.0.0) ...
http://melabs.com/resources/win_ide.htm

That version of EasyHID will only work with PBP 2.60 and later.
Previous versions of EasyHID will only work with versions PRIOR to 2.60.

Thanks for that Darrel, it installed fine (I'm running PBP2.60) and I see how it works. So now I have all the tools I need, just a matter of making the time now.