PDA

View Full Version : PIC Based Inductance Meter

manumenzella
- 15th October 2007, 22:10
Hello. My name is Manuel, I am 16, and I live in Argentina. I want to build an inductance meter for my coils (i am starting to design switching converters :)
I looked over some web pages on google and read that people usually use an inductor based oscillator, then masure the frequency output, and with that value, calculate the original inductor value. The problem is, I could not find any inductor based oscillator or a formula to calculate the frequency output. Can you please help me find a schematic for this kind of oscillator and a formula to calculate its frequency based on the inductor value?
Thanks a lot for your time, and sorry for my english (spanish first language lol)
Manuel

Archangel
- 16th October 2007, 01:24
Hello. My name is Manuel, I am 16, and I live in Argentina. I want to build an inductance meter for my coils (i am starting to design switching converters :)
I looked over some web pages on google and read that people usually use an inductor based oscillator, then masure the frequency output, and with that value, calculate the original inductor value. The problem is, I could not find any inductor based oscillator or a formula to calculate the frequency output. Can you please help me find a schematic for this kind of oscillator and a formula to calculate its frequency based on the inductor value?
Thanks a lot for your time, and sorry for my english (spanish first language lol)
Manuel
Hi Manuel,
Do a Google search for Grid Dip Meter or Grid Dip Oscillator, that's the kind of meter you want. Many circuits available there.
JS

manumenzella
- 16th October 2007, 02:34
Hi JS, thanks for your help.
I will look it up right know and post the results.
Thanks again.
Manuel