PDA

View Full Version : pic.ini again ?

Ruben Pena
- 9th October 2007, 00:41
Hi friends:
I have a curious effect on the PIC window of the IDE. I have the 300005 version and the PBP 2.50. My "pic.ini" list has about 135 listed Pics. and on the window I have more than 300 Pics.
The problem is the list is not ordered in alphabetic form ... they are all scrambled and is very annoying the change from one pic to another because I have to scan the list several times to
find the correct one.
Is clear the that the programm (Micro Code Plus) is not reading my Pic.ini list. Somebody knows from where is taking the list...? Or how to fix this...?
Thanks in advance...
Ruben de la Pena V.

Bruce
- 11th October 2007, 21:23
Hi Ruben,

I'm a bit surprised that Dave at Mecanique hasn't already answered this, but it appears that
newer versions of MCS+ are geared towards newer operating systems like XP and above.

Older versions used the PIC.INI file to list supported devices in the drop-down list. Adding a
new device was as simple as editing the .INI file. Newer versions seem to ignore the .INI file,
and list supported devices based on PBP default device specific header files.

On operating systems pre Windows XP, it seems the list on the drop-down selection menu
is a complete mess. I have an older system with Windows ME I use mainly since it's the only
OS I can use for my CAD program, and selecting the controller in the MCS+ drop-down box is
a real nightmare.

What OS are you using?

Have you contacted Mecanique directly?

Ruben Pena
- 11th October 2007, 21:58
Hi Bruce...
Thanks for your answer... I have the XP OS with SP2 in my notebook computer . The rare thing is that in my desktop computer I have the same OS and it is perfectly ordered. However, the notebook is the most I use...
I did not asked to Mecanique because I thougth this may be of general interest for more users,and maybe some of them have had the same trouble and had it fixed.
Greetings...
Ruben de la Pena V.