PDA

View Full Version : Grammatical Correctness

T.Jackson
- 2nd October 2007, 14:28
Is your struggle with English holding you back from placing posts on the forum? Or perhaps you've just got a fragment of text that you'd like to have verified for grammatical correctness? Upload your text here and someone will probably help you. I think I speak for everybody that's willing to help when I say: "let's keep it under 100 words" - which is 500 characters in length. So not too long please!

mackrackit
- 2nd October 2007, 21:56
I will second that!

Luciano
- 3rd October 2007, 12:45
Hi,

Today I posted an English question on www.englishforums.com and I got
an answer almost immediately.

Here is my post:
http://www.englishforums.com/English/WouldYou/zbxrg/Post.htm

Best regards,

Luciano

Acetronics2
- 3rd October 2007, 13:36
Hi, Luciano,

American citizens speak English nowadays ... that's really THE news !!!

Yankee

Joined on 15-04-2006
Connecticut, USA

Find something a bit more serious ...

Alain

T.Jackson
- 3rd October 2007, 13:49
Forget about www.englishforums.com ....
There's plenty of scholars on here that can assist.

T.Jackson
- 3rd October 2007, 15:36
This dynamic, highly sought after system, will be primarily geared towards helping Clem’s Real Estate business achieve, some highly desired, radical new expansion. The system will enable Clem and his team to streamline and collate virtually all aspects of the business into one tightly wrapped, neat little package. It is expected that, with the aid of the new system, productivity will be on the rise while overall organization will be taken to a whole new realm. A new breed of client is on the way with the plans for a website.

Currently the business offers residential property that is either for sale or for rent. This includes apartments, units & houses. The business also caters for an administration service for body corporate management of apartments and units. As its stands, Clem has a total of 4 agents working for him, with 2 agencies in Victoria, but with the view for expansion in mind, this could all very well change. Clem & his team constantly deal with contracts between tenant, vendor & landlord, a long with other sundry forms of office paper work such as invoices – namely for body corporate management.

At the moment the business is using Microsoft Word & Excel to handle basically all aspects of the operation. It is not the intentions of the system to redefine the way in which the business is run, but rather to concentrate on streamlining the operation so that the business can perform more efficiently. It is expected that the website will be beneficial in providing many new client leads, and at the same time be responsible for improved, existing customer satisfaction. People will be given a “birds eye” view of the properties on the site a long with descriptions that will result in a more informed client at the start. Agents may indeed find themselves spending much less time with inspections as a result.

Could this be better worded? - I think it could. Any suggestions?

Luciano
- 4th October 2007, 08:42
Hi Trent,

I am glad you tested Englishforums.com.

http://www.englishforums.com/English/GrammaticalCorrectness/zbxgl/Post.htm

Best regards,

Luciano

Acetronics2
- 4th October 2007, 09:08
Are there some English people working for this site ???

<< Barbara, who gives answers from the American English point of view. >>

she's honest ...

really Funny !!!

That should be called " Americanforum.com" ...

Alain

T.Jackson
- 4th October 2007, 10:14
Hi Trent,

I am glad you tested Englishforums.com.

http://www.englishforums.com/English/GrammaticalCorrectness/zbxgl/Post.htm

Best regards,

Luciano

That is an excerpt from one of my most recent UNI assignments. I agree that there's three too many commas in the first paragraph. Of course a professional writer is going to find something to pick on with anything that I can come up with.

T.Jackson
- 14th October 2007, 15:42
72% for that assignment. Few too many commas perhaps. But then again, I have to admit, there was about 30% that I really didn't understand.